SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Profit Center on Article Master from Site Category

former_member210563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made a table in order to lookup my profit center when using MM41/42.

The table looks like this:

MANDT      WERKS     VLFKZ     PRCTR

010                               A              0000710011

010             BA01         A              0000110010

If I create an article and I find VLFKZ = A but a blank WERKS, where in ArticleMaster will I be able to see that VLFKZ for the

material is A ?

Peter

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi peter,

when the site is blank that means, it would be the Reference site.

if you are in the DC view, then site would be 'RD00'

if you are in the store view, then site would be 'RS00'.

once you have the site code, you can get the VLFKZ from the table T001W.

however, when the site (WERKS) is blank, ideally you do not need to populate a profit center.

because there would be no transactions or accounting documents get posted with WERKS as blank (or RD00 or RS00).

If you are checking Technically, and see that the werks is blank and you find VLFKZ = A;

that means system is processing the article in "store view" (with the site code as 'RS00' or blank).

Hope you find this info useful.

Regards,

Kumar

Message was edited by: Kumar G

Message was edited by: Christina Huber

0 Kudos

Please note: RD00 and RS00 are only example site numbers (individual site numbers are used allover). The point is that in a Retail system, you can create client-wide reference sites for the articles' logistics views (DC and store). The dummy reference sites are assigned in customizing (Logistics General -> Basic Data Retail -> General Control, Retail Master Data).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I have no idea why site has to maintain as blank and trying to pick its profit center. In our Org we are using 2 table which as below screen shot with Site & PC and Site/Brand & PC combination