Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Access the Approvals Screens?

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Trying to access the Approvals OWL/OIF etc. in Managing My Area > Approvals. But I can't figure out which BO extension I need to add objects to in order to access the screens, can anyone shed some light on this? I'm trying to bring the project task field --- or at least use an extension field which copies its value --- from a sales order onto the approvals screen of someone who's in charge of approving said sales order. Is this possible?

Lewis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lewis,

I have been diving deeply in Approval recently.

Here are my piece of advices:

- The Approvals OWL cannot be enhanced directly unfortunately.

And I understand very well why SAP did that. This screen basically gathers all the approvals for any BO. So you can have a Supplier Invoice approval while also having Customer Invoices. One business user perhaps will want the Buyer Responsible to be added, but the other would like to get the Bill-to party for example. Enhancing this screen would certainly lead to a lot of mismatches and empty columns/fields, even if I agree we could manage that with UI switches.

- However, if you want to enhance the BO's approval screen per se, for example the Approve Supplier Invoice screen, this is possible.

• In order to do that, you need to extend the corresponding BO.
  • If you want to enhance the approval for Supplier Invoice, you extend the SupplierInvoice BO
  • After having saved and activated your new fields in the correponding XBO, you just need to right-click on your SupplierInvoice.XBO and pick "Enhance screen" (I know you know that but in case someone new reads that )
  • In the list of screens, you will get the corresponding approvals screen for this BO. Usually, you have one approval screen per BO.
  • Add the fields to the required screen with the extensibility explorer and tadaaaa, you are done!

I hope this can help.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine Ollier

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jacques-Antoine. It's irritating really --- the Travel and Expenses > Expense Reports OWL shows the total expense value already, so I don't need to enhance it. But the main Approvals OWL isn't enhanceable and doesn't show the value! Guess it's still a matter of asking SAP! Thanks for the help, guess I should mark this as closed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Lewis,

The approval UI is generated from the BO and the approval definition.

Furthermore it is generated "on the fly", so you have no chance to extend this UI manually.

Sorry,

Horst