How Do I Access the Approvals Screens?
Trying to access the Approvals OWL/OIF etc. in Managing My Area > Approvals. But I can't figure out which BO extension I need to add objects to in order to access the screens, can anyone shed some light on this? I'm trying to bring the project task field --- or at least use an extension field which copies its value --- from a sales order onto the approvals screen of someone who's in charge of approving said sales order. Is this possible?
Jacques-Antoine Ollier replied
I have been diving deeply in Approval recently.
Here are my piece of advices:
- The Approvals OWL cannot be enhanced directly unfortunately.
And I understand very well why SAP did that. This screen basically gathers all the approvals for any BO. So you can have a Supplier Invoice approval while also having Customer Invoices. One business user perhaps will want the Buyer Responsible to be added, but the other would like to get the Bill-to party for example. Enhancing this screen would certainly lead to a lot of mismatches and empty columns/fields, even if I agree we could manage that with UI switches.
- However, if you want to enhance the BO's approval screen per se, for example the Approve Supplier Invoice screen, this is possible.
- In order to do that, you need to extend the corresponding BO.
- If you want to enhance the approval for Supplier Invoice, you extend the SupplierInvoice BO
- After having saved and activated your new fields in the correponding XBO, you just need to right-click on your SupplierInvoice.XBO and pick "Enhance screen" (I know you know that but in case someone new reads that )
- In the list of screens, you will get the corresponding approvals screen for this BO. Usually, you have one approval screen per BO.
- Add the fields to the required screen with the extensibility explorer and tadaaaa, you are done!
I hope this can help.
Thank you for your attention.