cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change resource from single to single mixed in APO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i CIF resources from R/3 to APO. I found resources under "Single" tab, but i want it as "Single Mixed". Please tell me th procedure to be followed to convet it into "single mixed".

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gourav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gourav,

In my opinion first of all you have to delete the resource on APO side. Then resend again the resource as initial transfer in APO. If still is single you can also use the button APO RESOURCE in ECC at resouce level, tab capacity. There you can choose your type of work center (single mixt, multi mixt, etc.).

You could have issue to delete the work center. If the work center is used in PDS you have to delete them too. Also to delete PDS you have to delete all orders created and assgned to them.

At the end you send again all stuff again in APO through the CIF. First work center and then PDS.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius 

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav

The setting is in CFC9. You need to maintain accordingly the values for Type single (02 to 04) & multi-resource. Also check below if you want to change already created in APO.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

What changes i have to make in the screen above?

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gourav

Settings are correct. Did you transferred a new one or they were shifted before making any changes in CFC9? Also check below notes and reasons/solutions mentioned. Specially in 1168596 (note the following point):

1168596 - Incorrect resource type transfered from R/3 to APO

1638210 - Resources created in APO as category "multimixed"

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked note 1168596 and found this "

a)If field 'Number of individual capacities' is equal 1 and the indicator of

field 'can be used by several operations' is not set, then the resource type is

Single Resource.

b)If field 'Number of individual capacities' is greather

than 1 or the indicator of field 'can be used by several operations' is set,

then the resource type is Multi Resource.

is there a way in this to convert it into Single Mixed.?

P.S: Currently my system settings are maintained as given in point "a)"

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

This is the correct standard behavior. The same is mentioned in other note 1638210. If you want to use it as multi mixed then put "can be used by several operations" but in realty I assume you are not using it in several operations (so no negative impact). Then try to CIF the same to APO (the changes, if doesn't change then you need to delete PDS/PPM being used, thereafter resources and finally CIF them again). First try the same in quality environment and see impact.

1638210 - Resources created in APO as category "multimixed"

Or check for a work around with below link and mentioned SAP note in the same. If you have above situation then create directly in APO from single/multi activity resource which is CIFed from ECC. Though this way you will have two but will meet your requirement (keep in mind how to incorporate changes in both resources while testing)

I hope it resolves your issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

what are the APO specific settings? Does YGCD tables has to do something with it?

Regards,

Gourav

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gourav

Your question itself is not clear w.r.t. topic mentioned by yourself. Could you provide more details.

Regards

Rahul