cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COEP-PERNR empty for external ressources CATS Timesheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I’m facing the following problem with hours transferred from CATS to CO.

For internal resources : when hours are recorded in CAT2, validated using CATS_APPR_LITE and transferred using CATA the COEP-PERNR is correctly fulfilled with the PERNR used in CATS.

But when hours are recorded in CATS for an external resource (with PO reference), once hours have been validated and transferred using CATA (for the timesheet creation) the field COEP-PERNR remains desperately empty. It seems that this info is lost when records go through tables ESLL.

The problem is that we bill those hours using the DP90 flow and we need this info to display the name of the worker on the invoice sent to the customer.

Any idea or suggestion is really appreciate…

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have that PO assigned in the personnel record, PA30 0315 Info Type?

The SAP Best Practice is to use account assignment U on the PO and let the true account assignment for the posting to come from the CATS time entry receiving object.

pazabel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Greg,

did you find a sap standard solution meanwhile?

I'm currently also implementing the CA-TS-MM process including DIP processing with DP90.

I have exactly the same isse.

My process is:

1. Purchase order with WBS accounting

2. External PerNr is entering timesheet with CAT2

3. Time Records are approved by the Project leader

4. Transfer of times via CATM to MM Service entry Sheets (with automatic approval via Customer Exit). The SES resulting has the PERNR field (and additional CA-TS Information begin & end time, ... )

When checking FI an CO documents created by the goods issue neither of These does have the personal number field filled. I do Need the PERNR Information in DP90 to be able to Forward the MM cost to our customers.

SAP told me with an SAP message opened, to use substituotion, but at the Moment it Looks to me that PERNR is neither in COEP, nor in BSEG substitutionable.

Does anyone have this process running?

One of my Basic restrictions is to remain in SAP standard.

I would additionally assume, that SAP itself should have this process running, as SAP will purchase external experts and the forwar the cost to their customers via DIP. Is there anyone from SAP being able to provide Input?

Best regards
Patrick

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is an easy fix.

Check on the Service Entry Sheet on the line details, there should be a Pers./Time tab that has the personnel number.

In order to get this tab you have to have a setting correct on the PO.  Go to the line item, Invoice tab, and make sure the S-Based  IV is checked.

When you do the CATM transfer and the Service Entry sheet is created having the SR-Based IV checked will create a SES line per time entry.

When you accept the SES and GR is posted the pernr will be populated on the CO document and available for RRB.

pazabel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

does this still work at your system? when I create the CO document the PERNR is not transferred. A Feedback would be highly appreciated.

Feedback from SAP Support is, that due to mm document being in the middle of SES and CO document a PERNR Transfer is not possible.

KR
Patrick

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

I believe when you report time with PO line item reference there is no CO document generated, it will be only transfer to MM to generate SES.  I am not sure if SES has PERNR anywhere, that is rather MM question.

Regards,

Paulo