Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to debug XSJSLIB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

Is it possible to debug XSJSlib files?

When I open debug configuration, I can select only .xsjs files for debugging.

How I can debug .xsjslib?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes you can debug inside of XSJSLIBs. And yes the debug configuration only showing you XSJS files makes sense. This is because XSJSLIB files aren't executable directly.  They are libraries and can only be executed from within an XSJS. Therefore you must always have an XSJS as the entry point into the execution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas!

I use xsjslib in OData service, like this one:

service {

"sample.odata::table" as "Table" update using "sap.test:jsexit.xsjslib::update_instead";

}

And I want use debugger for xsjslib. Could you, please, explain, what I need to do.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

For that you use the XS JavaScript: XS OData-based debug configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas!

I have a question about "Recourse path". I have entered a path to the .xsjslib file, which was in OData service:

service {

"sample.odata::table" as "Table" update using "sap.test:jsexit.xsjslib::update_instead";

}

But I have an error message on UI:

Resource not found for the segment 'sap.test:jsexit.xsjslib' at position 0.

What is  "Resource path" in this debugger config:

Is it path to the .xsjslib file?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I have a question about "Recourse path". I have entered a path to the .xsjslib file, which was in OData service

No you misunderstand. You don't have to specify anything about the xsjslib. That's already defined in the xsodata service definition.  The Resource path is the rest of the URL parameters for calling the XSODATA service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Thomas!

Answers (0)