Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control my report lay out - authorization

former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have requirement to control few report lay out

for example I want to hide customer , and customer part number

I seen some where we can able to do it using create a variant and use as authorization object may be i am wrong

can someone advise me is it possible to control my report layout

user A can see field A

user B cannot see field A

Regards
Rajkumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

If parameter's are being used in your landscape, please check the same. I have controlled the output fields display for reports using su01 parameters in one of my project where parameters were used in SU01 user maintenance.

Thanks

Santosh

7 REPLIES 7

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try transcationvariants..... variant a with all fields for user A, and variant with hidden field(s) for user B.  (...SHD0)

b.rgd,s Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

If parameter's are being used in your landscape, please check the same. I have controlled the output fields display for reports using su01 parameters in one of my project where parameters were used in SU01 user maintenance.

Thanks

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

I would not recommend restricting access to data based on user parameters as most users require the ability to maintain them via SU3 or SU52 transactions.

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Actually, there is one case where this is the only way we've found to protect the Social Security Number field on the PA20 screen. We, and most US HCM customers, have a requirement that this field be hidden from view from all but those in HR who absolutely must see it, but there are others outside of HR who do need access to the personnel record, including the personal data infotype, and the PA20 transaction. Unfortunately, there is no field-level authorization for this infotype, but there is a way to hide the field based upon the UGR parameter. But, for this to be effective, it means you must prevent users from being able to access the User Parameters tab in SU3. It has always felt like a clunky way to achieve something that should be seen as critical.

0 Kudos

Dear Santhosh,

I am OK to use SU01 parameters

you are saying use parameter ID and value in SU01 right correct me if i am wrong

if yes, how to find my parameters ID and value  for the field which i want to hide

many thanks

Regards

Rajkumar

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

One of the best approaches is to create 2 variant transactions(of the original transaction), 1 containing field A and the not containing A. Then create their executable version through SE93.

And, do not provide the original transaction to the users.

Regards

Plaban

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Yes, i was referring to SU01 parameter. You can search for available parameters from SU01 >> parameters tab.

If there is no relevant parameter available in SU01 then you can get it created as described in below thread but for this your report needs to be custom report.

Thanks,

Santosh