cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen changes for extended BO not visible to some users

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to add a new field in the standard Opportunity BO(Header) and display on the C4C UI screen.

The steps I followed to add the new field on screen is as follows.

1. Created an extension of the Opportunity BO in SAP Cloud Application Studio.

2. Created a new element under the root node.

3. Enhanced the screen COD_Opportunity_TI to add the field at the header level.

4. Added the field and activated.

Issue: The added field is not visible under my user ID but can be seen with other's user ID.

Do we have any further settings for screen fields to be visible to all users or any other Administrative settings are required?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200567
Active Contributor

Hi ,

Are you using a business user?

You should use a business user (without the Partner Development WOC assignment).

If you log in with a PDI user (with Partner Devlopment WoC assignment) , you need to log in the studio at the same time to see the extension fields.

Best Regards

Fred.

0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your response.

Seems your solution worked here. I tried login in Studio and UI both at the same time with one user ID. The field was visible.

Then I removed the PDI business role assignment from one of the different user to view the changes, the extension fields were visible there as well.

Is this also applicable for the changes done directly on the UI Screen through browser in Adaptable mode?

Regards,

Ashish Kumar

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Please, please, please:

Never ever test your spolution with your PDI develper user.

Use always a Business User.

You know now why.

For example: Some changes made on the UI which should be done as a KeyUser will become part of your solution.

Bye,

Horst

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

As Horst seriously warned , please don't ever use a PDI user to log in to the cloud solution, even for testing purpose. UI Adaptation is for Key Users. (End User)  Should be only done by the key user (business users) in the test tenant or production tenant.

Best Regards

Fred

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may be that you need to go into Personalise to make the fields visible. Alternatively, going into Edit Screen mode and republishing, this time selecting the 'override customisations' tickbox, might help.

0 Kudos

Hi Lewis,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

I checked Fred's solution below and it seems the issue is because of PDI assignment to the Business role.

Regards,

Ashish Kumar

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad your question's been answered --- you should mark Fred's answer as the correct one.