cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in NWDI setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have DEV and QA systems. We have NWDI installed on standalone host. The transport dir is on the DEV host and the I would like to move it to the NWDI standalone host. Is it possible to move the transport dir from DEV to NWDI host, without any problems.

Secondly the transport dir was mistakenly configured as /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/ instead of /usr/sap/trans. So it has created subdirectories like CMS, EPS/in inside the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/ directory. So the current directory structure is /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS/EPS/in. Is it possible to change this directory structure without causing any data loss.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shibli,

1.In the name category select "<b>Development component name</b>".give prefix name,which is comfortable to be used in IDE.Owner should be administrator.

2.in Home page of SLD ,go to "<b>Landsapes</b>",select landscape type as "NWDI system",there give the host details,on which u r running ur tests.CIM url should be like http://hostname:port/sld/cimon.

3.In home page again,select "<b>Technical landscape</b>",inside select "WebAS Java",and here also hostdetails should be entered.

This steps completes the configuration.

reward points if helpful.

regards

usharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Usha, the problem is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

I am new to NWDI and trying to install in my local sandbox. I followed the steps as you mentioned but getting message as Import Failed in column State at Development Tab under Transport Studio.

I was struck at this point and unable to fix the issue. I request you please help me to resolve this issue.

If you can give your email id I will send you the screenshots what exactly I did.

Thanks in advance..

Devara

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shibli,

I think,you have to consider some places where changes are to be done for the movement of the transport folder.

1.go to visualadmin,chech Component build service tab,update jdkpaths and set idlestart=false.save it.

2.copy SAP-JEE,SAPJTECHS and SAPBUILDT sca's under /usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/inbox.

3.check working of DTR,CMS and CBS.

4.Go to SLD,make changed for namespace reservation(add localhost details).

5.GO to CMS page,go to landscape configurator,add domain data and then import.

6.then finally update CMS.

i think,this shoul work.

reward points if helpful.

regards

usharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Usha for the update. I have updated the settings in visualadmin and copied the sca's under the above CMS/inbox directory. Also I checked that the DTR, CMS and CBS are working. I have a problem with the 4th point mentioned above. In SLD, how do I add localhost details in namespace reservation.

4- I went into SLD, in namespace reservation, In Names tab, I find 8 Categories. 1-Application Context root, 2- DB Field Name, 3- DB Object Name, 4- DB Pool Name, 5- Design Time Package, 6- Development component name, 7- Installation unit name, 8- Software component name.

What is the local host details to be given in these categories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shibli,

transport path is just an arbitrary path to be given when u run ur CMS tests.so,if u change the path again,it will not create any problem.

mention the new path in cms.properties file and update the cms,after u do any changes.

if you rerun the process,all data will be recreated under the new path.

regards

usharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. I have updated cms.properties and the CMS with new path. All the data got recreated without any problem.

Now I have a second question. Kindly help me out.

A standalone NWDI system has been configured for WebDynpro Development. I have a transport directory configured on DEV host. This transport directory from Dev system needs to be moved to NWDI host. Do I need to re-configure/re-install CMS to move this transport directory. Does this create any problems. Kindly guide me through the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can change the directory.I dont think there will be any problem.But remember to update the CMS .Give the new path and update.This is very important.

Reward points if useful