cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ranges in SOLMAN 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have both SAP users creating their SOLMAN tickets directly via the SAP Gui and Portal users leveraging SOLMAN's URL via the web to create their tickets.

Both the SAP Gui and SOLMAN URL are pointing towards the same number range and creating tickets using SAP SOLMAN Numbers. How can we segregate or isolate the creation of number ranges between SAP and Portal users? I mean how can we use a seperate number range for both these different tickets...

say Portal number ranges begin with "8888" and SAP user number ranges begin with "9999".

FYI: we are using SOLMAN 4.0 to create end-user incidents with integrated mySAP ERP2005 and Portal systems.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sindhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess its Not possible until you have a separate document type for both. Or else you can identify by using IBase Number.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Thank you for the reply. Is there any possibly to do customization to achieve this?

How can we use different number ranges if the document types are different or if they have a different IBase number?

Sindhu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I know why you want to differentiate, I can give you some workarounds.

Do you want to assign those tickets to message processors based on portal/other system?

Please elaborate, I feel I can help.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Thank you for your reply. They implemented the isolation of the number ranges for portal users and SAP users in SOLMAN 3.1 and they recently upgraded to SOLMAN 4.0. Now they lost this feature in 4.0 and both the tickets are pointing to the same number range buffer and they want to have the same feature in 3.1 (isolation of number ranges) to be implemented in 4.0.

Thanks,

Sindhu