Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data export/backup before demising GRC 5.3

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Migration completed from GRC 5.3 to GRC10.1

What all the data need to be take backup/export from GRC 5.3 ( May be for Audit usage etc..) before demising it.

Kindly advise

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Main things for audit should/would be:

1) ARA Risk Analysis - final snap-shot reading of the management report. In theory, your first risk analysis management report on 10.1 should match the final 5.3 reading.

2) EAM logs - for the agreed time-frame you have to keep the records.

3) Snap-shot of the configuration in 5.3, therefore you can easily prove the translation of them to the new system (unless 10.1 was treated as a modified fresh install).

As for any access requests, if you require a history of all the audit logs of previous requests up to a certain date, you may wish to somehow retrieve this also.

I am sure your internal auditors may be able to guide as you as to what data is paramount for backup.

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

5.3 data migration data exported using migration tool and uploaded to 10.1 system.

I am looking for best methods to take the backup of RAR/CUP data for last 5 years in from 5.3 system. Any advise please?

I can take export of transactional data. but seems its in .dat format. How to read them if required later point of time?