cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Mac customers, do we have a plan for NWBC for Desktop

0 Kudos

Hello folks,

We couldn't find NWBC for Desktop for Mac users, but our customers are keen to have it.

It is becuase SAP consulting are implementing NWBC for Html, for Mac users, however, we hit some issues such as broken fonts, Side Panel, Popup new window(Web Gui instead fof SAP GUI).

We're very wondering if there is a plan for NWBC for Desktop for Mac customers. How/Whom we can check it ?

Any response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

JH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's currently only 2 versions of NWBC available - NWBC for Desktop (i.e. Windows) vs NWBC HTML. I surely have NOT heard of any plan to create a native NWBC for Mac.

Part of the rational; is due to code portability between Mac vs Windows. A lot of unique NWBC Desktop features (Side panel, Folders, Rendering etc) is dependent upon Microsoft IE and Windows. It's just too much effort to duplicate and maintain them in Mac. Especially if you consider it will be much sense to move to a more platform independent solution such as HTML5 \ Fiori Launchpad.

If you truly want to use NWBC in Mac. You could try using other Virtual Desktop environment like Citrix's Xen

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer! I shared it with local requested team.

0 Kudos

Hi Damean,

> Virtual Desktop environment like Citrix's Xen

Local delivery team are looking for how to setup NWBC in Virtual Desktop environment for Mac users.

Is there any documentation for this NWBC setup for Mac users ?

Any doc would be highly apprecaited.

JH

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically, the admin will have to login and installed NWBC on the central Citrix server.  After that your Mac Users (Typically using Citrix Mac receiver) will be able to launch them and access NWBC; just like any windows application.

Check the following link for more info. Although it's referring to WTS (Windows Terminal Server); but I believe the concept is the same; also take care to ensure that all the required XML files are loaded corrected per the section on 3.5 Admin Guide.

3.3 Installation of NWBC on Windows Terminal Server - SAP NetWeaver Business Client - SAP Library

0 Kudos

Thanks a million, Damean!

Answers (0)