cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Mapping dialog box question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wanted to refresh the data and got this dialog box.

I can't seem to fix the columns, so that the data set can be refreshed.

The current data set (in Lumira) has columns A, B, C, D

The changes to the data set (the one to refresh the current one with) is as follows:

Column A - no change

Column B - renamed - new column name is in the drop down list on the data mapping dialog box, so I selected it

Column C - deleted - I selected the remove from data set option

Column E - new column - is in the drop-down list, but I don't see how to indicate that there is a new column. I put this column here because it is where I inserted the new column of data in the spreadsheet.

Column D - no change - I don't know this column is listed as being changed, when I didn't change it. The column does not appear in the drop down list, as an option.

My questions are:

1 - how is a new field (column) added to the data set using this data mapping dialog box

2 - why is the new column (column e above) not recognized on the data mapping dialog box

3 - why would Column D appear as being changed?

The "Next" button on the dialog box in not enabled, so I don't know what it does.

I can use the Data  - - > Edit data source option to bring in the new table, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the data mapping dialog box/process.

I watched the what's new in Lumira video and looked in the documentation (user guide) and neither addressed these issues, nor explained the limitations of the dialog box, so I'm hoping someone can tell me when/how to use this dialog box.

Thank you

Tracy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm hoping that this post will better explain onw of the issues that I tried to figure out.

If the original dataset has these fields Name, Address, City

and I rename the Name field to Company, then refresh the dataset.

When I see the Mapping dialog box, how do i map the Name field to the Company field, if the Company field is not in the drop-down list?

Thank you

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This dialog box doesn't seem to work the way that I thought it would.

For example, if a field in the original table is named Toys and in the new table, the toys field was renamed to Games,  I should be able to select Games from the drop-down list to map to the Toys field.

Maybe another way to ask about the functionality of the Data Mapping dialog box is in addition to the fields having the same data type, what is the criteria for fields to be mapped?

Thank you

Tracy

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm reading your words, and keep thinking "it already does this" - so i'm still a little confused as to what might be going wrong

Regards,

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry but this thread is useless with pictures .  please amend

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi henry,

what do you need to see a pix of?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

the issue, as you describe it, showing the various problems with the column mappings

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tracy - my take only here - I agree with Henry that it would be good see pictures of what you are trying to achieve with the data.  It's easier to see from a picture than words

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tracy:

Which version of Lumira are you using - 1.25, 1.27 and is this Lumira Desktop?

What is your data source (as not all are "refreshable")

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tammy,

i am using lumira v1.27 desktop

the data source is an excel spreadsheet.