cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Business Objects Tools Released Dates

vijayb
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, UDT and IDT (4.0 & 4.1) released month and year?

I’m searched in the Google but I didn’t find...

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

deski has been around for years, previously 'BO desktop reporter' back to 2003 probably. same goes for universe designer.

after that (rough dates)

BO6.5 2005 - webi makes it's mark

XIR2 2007  - BO integration into Crystal Server enterprise.

XI3.1 2008  - deeper SAP integration kit, Xcelsius

4.0 - 2010  - information design tool, analysis

4.1 - 2013 - lumira & design studio

4.2 - 2016

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deski was reporter back when I started using it on Windows 3.11 in 1996!

It moved on to BO4 and Windows 95 in 1997

Version 5 came out in 1999 I believe, although I didn't use it until 2000. It also ushered in the first version of Webi which was, quite frankly, awful, as was the scheduling tool (DAS).

Crystal was acquired by BO in 2003 and 6.5 came out in 2004 - there was an extended trial run of it across multiple sites and 6.5.1 was the first public release. The scheduling tool was rebadged as BroadCast Agent (BCA) but still wasn't up to much.

After that, Henry's timeline is spot on.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to step in for poor old BCA - it was fine for what it was designed to do

And you forgot best 6.x release 6.1.b

vijayb
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least you haven't mentioned 6.1.a Denis!

There wouldn't have been tools like Acusend and Infosol if BCA/DAS was up to the task

At least the scheduler is now decent.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I didn't go to 6.1.3 either - but I could have

and BOBJ was enabler and job creator, we welcomed interpreneurs from other companies to make enhancing additions to our perfect products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Taking this off topic slightly (and not too concerned because it's resolved) - I know the guy who created Xcelsius has since created Roambi. Have the SAP bods had a look at it and if so, what do they thing?

Also, I remember back in 2010-ish, they acquired Sybase. Official release was that the reason was because of the mobile tech. Have SAP ever considered making more of the Sybase DBMS to use as a platform for the ECC/SAP Rapid Marts?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe Roambi was reviewed and influenced SAP BOBJ mobile apps.

Sybase is part of Lumira in-memory tech and some other stuffs, plus traditional DB offerings - not familiar with ECC/Rapid marts, so can't comment.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos