Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict deletion of background jobs with cross client authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) We are trying to grant a group of users access to cross client background jobs while removing their ability to delete background jobs of other users.

We have removed DELE from the JOBACTION field in object S_BTCH_JOB.

We have found if the BTCADMIN field in object S_BTCH_ADM includes activity Y, then the users can still delete background jobs of other users.  If we remove activity Y, then the users cannot see the cross client jobs.

Any suggestions?

2) What does setting the activity N in S_BTCH_ADM field BTCADMIN accomplish?

Thank you in advance for your input,

Susan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_69416
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

S_BTCH_ADM BTCADMIN='Y' gives you job admin privileges. From one side you receive requested ability to see cross client jobs but you can  delete all too. Standard authorizations for SM37 can't give you requested functionality.

Setting it to 'N' give you the same like removing the objects or setting it to any value unspecified in documentation. You don't have 'Y' = you aren't job admin

The only way I see is skilled ABAP programmer.

Regards

Przemek

3 REPLIES 3

Private_Member_69416
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

S_BTCH_ADM BTCADMIN='Y' gives you job admin privileges. From one side you receive requested ability to see cross client jobs but you can  delete all too. Standard authorizations for SM37 can't give you requested functionality.

Setting it to 'N' give you the same like removing the objects or setting it to any value unspecified in documentation. You don't have 'Y' = you aren't job admin

The only way I see is skilled ABAP programmer.

Regards

Przemek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if your requirement is to see the background jobs and not to delete it, Kindly check with the  assignment of S_BTCH_JOB authorization object to users only. No need to assign the authorization object S_BTCH_ADM.

I checked this issue in the same client(not cross client).When i enable the activity Y in the auth object S_BTCH_ADM  the user can able to see the jobs given or released by other user.

Regards,

Ramesh.

0 Kudos

Thank you Ramesh.

Setting the activity to Y in S_BTCH_ADM does allow the user to see jobs by others, it also lets them see jobs across clients, but it also provides access to all the other job admin. tasks such as create, modify, delete, regardless of what the authorizations are in S_BATCH_JOB.  At least that is what we have found in our testing.

Regards,

Susan