cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO99 in EHP7: two different screens?

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have made a job for CO99 (RKKBABS0) that "Business Complete"s the work orders which are in TECO status. Well, when we moved to EHP7, all my jobs started giving errors. When investigated, I found that CO99 program has been changed in EHP7 upgrade.

Upon looking in more detail, I found that when run directly, CO99 looks the same as EHP6 but when I try to create a variant, it looks different (with multiple selection fields for Plant and Order Type). This is mind boggling.

CO99 normally (by going into the T-code)

http://medias.photodeck.com/0950f26d-2b6f-4ab7-8bb2-034b57784f47/CO99_Normal_xlarge.jpg

CO99 while creating a variant:

http://medias.photodeck.com/baaa4ce8-934a-4ad7-a18c-5ae3098bca10/CO99_Variant_large.jpg

Any idea why it is behaving in two different ways at two different places?

Thanks,

Sumer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200662
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumer

As per my understanding, you are asking why multiple selection is active for variants..Am I right? OR Do you have any error during processing CO99?

To my understanding, by providing multiple selection for plant for variant - SAP is providing more flexiblility in terms of defining batch jobs. Say for example, there are 10 plants in a COAr. out of which you can define separate batch jobs, say for 2 plants - you can define one batch job and for another 2 plants - another batch job with different parameters (depending on the client requirement).

Regards

Pavan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs.

I think Pavan hit the nail on the head. I can see the thought process behind this change and the difference between the foreground version and the variant version of CO99.

Since most of the times CO99 is used with background jobs and variants, it made sense to change that version but not the foreground version.

It would have been more simpler if they would have changed both the versions. Oh well..

Anyway, I am happy that I won't have 8 different jobs running for 8 different order types now. Just one variant will put all the order types to CLSD status.

Thanks,

Sumer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumer,

CO99 screen is same in both EHP6 & EHP7 only difference in the screens of program RKKBABS0 which is used for background job.

This is the modification came from SAP with EHP7 upgrade. You MUST need to create new Variants as per new screen(Prog - RKKBABS0) for your background job.

Thanks.

Amol

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumer,

Normally in CO99 transaction you need to set the controlling area by Environment - Set Controlling Area

When you run the same in Background, you need to give the controlling area, since you cannot set it as you do in foreground.

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Maria,

Thanks for your response.

Actually my concern is not about the controlling area but the Multiple Selection for Plant and Order Type. If you would look at the screenshot, you will notice that the foreground CO99 doesn't have the multiple selection but the one where I am trying to create the variant, does.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumer,

I guess its better if you raise a OSS note to SAP mentioning this. Certain times to avoid huge data, they might have kept certain difference between foreground and background.

All are just to increase the performance of the transaction.

Regards

Terence