cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA CommonCryptoLib and Regulations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to configure SSL. Now, I know that in order to do that we need the cryptographic libraries such as CommonCryptolib or OpenSSL. SAP recommends using CommonCryptoLib as of SPS09.

However, there is something about regulation mentioned, but I cannot find any information about it.

Could anyone please explain to me what are those regulations and to which customers they apply or maybe direct me to a link where I can check that out?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gowrisankar_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I see they are the documents on CommonCryptoLib,

But I did not find information about specific regulations that SAP mentions.

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

the component CommonCryptoLib is currently controlled by German export control regulations, based on for example the Wassenaar Agreement. This means that the Service Market Place download infrastructure will check if you are allowed to access the software before starting the download. In very rare cases an approval by a German government agency may be required before a certain customer can get access.

If you are able to download the software then you are not affected by this, like almost every customer. However, you might still have to think about your home country's import or re-export regulations. For a reliable assessment you may have to ask your legal department, as SAP cannot provide you with legal advice.

Please note that the export controls currently only apply to the separate download of the CommonCryptoLib. Downloads of for example the SAP Kernel (which includes the relevant CommonCryptoLib files) are not covered by German export controls.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! Exactly what I needed!