Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Hierarchy versions comparison

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Sorry for the newb question. I have no access to any SAP MDG system at the moment.

Do we have per the standard in MDG 7 or 8 any hierachy versions comparion feature?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

taliking about a tool: there is is none. The only option is opening both versions in two different screens.

Best regards

Michael

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Many thanks. You confirm what I expected. Will reward full points.

1. Can you confirm we can display versions from the web interface?
  2. Do you have a screen shot? I cannot remember where is the button to create a Hierarchy version and where we can display a previous version of the full hierarchy.

Will create an other thread to know if we can display ongoing changes or full approved Hierarchy versions only

Thanks again.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Sure, this is possible.

2. I don't have screenshots, but if your hierarchy is version dependent (need to be configurred that way in MDG's data model customizing), you'll see the version field as mandatory key field you have to enter when starting the hierarchy maintenance / display UI. The actual version ID is to be defined in MDG's customzing, too. If you create a new version, you can copy an existing one as "template".

Best regards

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le

Not clear about your question. Are you want know about Finance Hieararchy in MDG7 and MDG8?

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay

This is related to a full custom Data Model the Customer wants to implement related to Finance reporting.

Do we have specific features for Finance Hierarchies?

What is new in MDG 8 regarding Hierarchy versioning?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le

For which master data object customer wants custom model and it's financial reporting?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some financial hierarchies are already covered by data model 0G. W.r.t. modelling capabilities and options, it might make sense to take a look at the model. The following video might give you a (very basic!) idea: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57062.

W.r.t. MDG  8, there's nothing new for hierarchy versions in specific. The release contains performance improvements for hierarchy maintenance in general. Additionally a better integration of hierarchy assignments for single objects is provided within the single maintenance UIs.

Best regards

Michael