cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal Regulation Missing from Dropdown in Create Import/Export License

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create an Import/Export License for EAR99, however the legal regulation is missing in the dropdown.  Am I missing a piece of configuration or master data?

Thank you in advance!

Alison Peterson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Check if you have activated LR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is that in configuration?  We don't want to check or block any documents where the material does not have the EAR99 legal regulation assigned.

Thank you,

Alison

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

SPRO > Global Trade Servies > Compliance Management > Legal Control > Activate Legal Regulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we have entries there for EAR at the country level for the US and EU, but have not turned on the checks. 

Thanks, Alison

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alison,

have you assigned the Licence type to a Legal regulation?

Kind regards

Assen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this what you are referring to?

Thank you,

Alison

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Its in compliance management - Legal control - define licence types.

Btw, EAR99 is not according to me a license type, but a classification code to classify non controlled items for Legal Regulation EAR.

Maybe, you can tell me what exactly you want to do?

Assen

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Turning on the Checks is activation. If you do not activate the service you cannot see it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I have to activate the checks to maintain the licenses as well?

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Activate Service, Define License types and then try creating licenses.

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peterson

Did it work? What is the status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Based on this information I do not need to have the EAR checks activated to classify the materials as EAR99.  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40747

Thank you,

Alison

keshav_murthy5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alison

To create Licenses you need to have the service activated and defined the license types you need. Means you have to Activate Legal Regulation EAR for imports and exports.

To classify products, means to assign ECCN numbers you have to have the Numbering schemes for export lists and import lists and you have to assign them to the Legal Regulations.Without doing this you cannot assign ECCN numbers to products.

Also you need to have contents (ECCN Numbers) uploaded in the system or you have to create ECCN numbers manually.

Note that if you have created ECCn numbers manually for a Legal Regulation system will not allow you to upload the contents by xml files.

Hope it is clear now. If you have any more doubts feel free to get back to me.

Keshav Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Alison,

You don't need to activate the EAR checks to classify your product. Yes right.

But if you would like to maintain license it means you are trying to use the functionality of EAR check and license determination. So, it's obvious that system expects you to activate legal regulation.

So, to keep it simple. If you want to maintain license, system assumes you are activating checks and expects the LR to be activated.

Regards

Dhilipan