cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should restrict the system from selecting batch having stock in transit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Greetings!

We have a below scenario:

1)      Material A produced for Batch A in Plant XXXX

2)      STO is created to ship Mat A from XXXX to Plant YYYY

3)      OBD created & Batch A picked at XXXX

4)      PGI done & Stock is in Transit

5)      SO created for the Material to be sold out of YYYY

6)      The batch was manually assigned in the outbound delivery (OBD) of the SO (here system considered stock in transit)

7)      PGR against the STO done at YYYY.

😎      PGI against the SO at the YYYY.

9)      Billing against the OBD will fail as the valuation type is blank (copied from OBD)

(In ideal process user should do GR at receiving plant first and then create SO/Delivery)

Here user knows the batch number and inputs manually in delivery document before GR. As a result valuation type remains blank in delivery and invoice.

Expected solution : System should not allow user to pick the batch having stock in transit.

Kindly guide to achive this functionality.

Kindly note: I have already informed business that this is a process mistake from user side but still they want to avoide it in case user does mistake.

Thanking you in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

Kindly guide on this please. It will be a great help!

Thanks!!

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Moving away from batch management for a moment, it sounds like you are allowing the creation of outbound deliveries based in part on the availability of 'in-transit' stock, regardless of batch. Is there a business reason for allowing this?

Many companies only allow the creation of outbound deliveries when there is stock on hand and available in the physical location.  In this case, the delivery couldn't even have been created in your scenario above, much less have an in-transit batch manually assigned to it.

You can change that via availability checking.  OVZ9 > select your availability check, checking rule "B".  Deselect 'Stock in Transfer'.  Also ensure that 'Check without RLT' is selected.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Thanks for your valuable response.

When I do "F1"  on field "Stock in Transit" (in OVZ9) SAP says its below "Stock in transfer comprises the quantity transferred through transfer postings within Inventory Management but does not include the quantity transferred on the basis of stock transport orders. The latter type of stock is called "stock in transit."

So it seems that it does not refer to STO stocks and considers only IM posting, kindly guide if this is correct as we are doing STOs.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

With Warm Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

You are absolutely right.  What I should have said was that you should deselect 'Incl. Purchase Orders'.  Refer to my OVZ9 posted earlier.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot DB49 for your help.

I checked in the system and found that this field ('Incl. Purchase Orders') is already  unticked in our system.

Requirement is that system should not accept the batch if its stock is "in transit". System should give error in case such batch is selected. In case the batch stock is in transit then Valuation type remains blank which causes problem later.

We also thought to go for incompletion log for field "valuaton type" in delivery. But after testing we found it works well if there is no batch split. But in case of the batch split, system checks the valuation type for item 10 also.Since there is no batch for line item 10 and hence no valuation type for it, it gives error for line item no 10. Hence we have not proposed this solution to client yet.

Kindly guide us.

(I am extremly sorry in case initial requirement was not clear)

Thanks!

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Kindly guide in this regards.

Thanks a lot!

Vijay.