cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve Query technical name from Description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is there any way we can trace the Query technical names which uses gross margin in its description? I have used following procedure and now I am stuck:

1. In table 'RSZELTTXT', put a filter in long description as *gross margin* and objvers = 'A' and got the filtered results.

2. From the above table got ELTUID and used it to put filter in table RSZELTXREF in field TELTUID and got SELTUID and Infocube information.

3. Now I could not proceed further.

How can I use SELTUID and Infocube information to retrieve the relevant Query technical names?

Any help/link would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sambit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you got the info cube name, then either you can get the information from table RSRREPDIR or you can also check the where used list of info cube, under that query elements gives you the list of technical name of queries with their description, so you can pickup the ones relevant to your requirement.

Double click on info cube and click on icon of where-used list and below that see query elements.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

goto RSRT-> f4 help- serch using info area / info provider/ desc.

thanks

Bhaskar

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sambit,

Take those SELTUID and pass these to COMPUID of RSREPDIR table, those COMPTYPE = REP are the queries in RSREPDIR. Also COMPID gives you query technical name.

Hope it helps! if yes then mark helpful and correct answer. Close the thread, so that others will benefit from thread.

Thanks,

Umashankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umashankar,

I had tried doing this referring some posts but there were no such rows detected. So RSZELTXREF-SELTUID = RSRREPDIR-COMPUID gives no of entries were 0. I think the retrieved SELTUID field results are incorrect. I had retrieved SELTUID values like this:

RSZELTTXT-ELTUID = RSZELTXREF-TELTUID. I am missing here something. Read some posts like we have do do something like

1.Copy the SELTUID and give to TELTUID,means TELTUID = RSZELTXREF-SELTUID.

2. Repeat the procedure until it gives no data available.(Copy all the SELTUIDs )

3. Then give all the SELTUIDs as input to RSRREPDIR-COMPUID.

Can you please elaborate on this step? What needs to be done to collect correct values of SELTUID?

Regards,

Sambit

former_member541575
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check in metadata repository  Or you can use RSRSREPDIR table.

Regards

Atul

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sambit,

It works for few scenario, I was able to get the entries but other scenarios OR elements didn't get the results. Even I have faced the same situation like you, sorry for my suggestion. It didn't work for you.

Let's try reverse engineering,

1. Goto RSRREPDIR, COMPTYPE = REP, select all COMPUID.

2. Goto RSZELTTXT, pass all COMPUID. Result will give you all queries in the system with its description. If you want restrict on Long Text /Short Text for any string do it, otherwise download to excel and filter for desired queries.

It is easy rather than other way.

Thanks,

Umashankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I want to retrieve query names and I dont have its information. Is there any other table i can use, if i have SELTUID and Infocube information from table RSZELTXREF?

Thanks,

Sambit