cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRM and BRF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone kindly help me to understand the connection between the below in BRM?

Associate Role Methodology Process to Condition Group

Define Role Methodology Process and Steps

Assign Condition Group Type to BRF+

Does the BRF+ created in Generate BRF Plus section of SPRO has any relationship with the rule used in MSMP for SAP_GRAC_ROLE_APPR process Id?

If I will create a customized rule for role approvals,do i have to maintain the same in Assign Condition Group Type to BRF+?

What is the purpose of generating two rule methodology and approver in spro?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Somik,

As Plaban mentioned every questioned has been answered in provided links

For ZERM_ROLE_METHODOLOGY_RULE

is also like your approver rule for role management,where we need to map the condition groups with role types in decision table,but only difference is we don't use in MSMP

Colleen Lee has put lot of efforts to prepare a document,please refer and follow the same steps

Hope this helps and clarifies you

Regards

Baithi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your time and advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban/Baithi,

I had generated ZERM_ROLE_APPROVAL_RULE and defined the decision table as below

If

ROLE_TYPE=SIN

BPROC=FI

CRITLVL=HIGH

then

GRAC_CNDGP=CRITIC

I had created the CRITIC in SPRO and Assign methodology process to condition group

Also I had updated the role owner in NWBC for this CRITIC

what next?am i following right process?

What logic to be build for ZERM_ROLE_METHODOLOGY_RULE and where it will be needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somik,

the purpose of links given by Baithi and those available in SCN are not served, if all questions are asked bit by bit, where every detail is already provided.

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again

So As I understand the rule needs to maintained in MSMP and SPRO both.

This gets called when we initiate approval for a role create/change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

through SPRO, msmp rule id is generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that,but when we "initiate approval" in BRM while role creation,which rule it follows to find the approver?As i don't see the customized BRF+ rule details maintained in MSMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somik,

Answer 1-4 can be found from link given by Srinivas

5. there are 2 types of BRF+ rule ids associated with BRM. One is for Methodology/Approvers and the other is for Workflow.

Both types are created through SPRO. But Methodology deals with the steps that a role will go through. eg. Defintiion-> Auth.>Risk Analysis->Approval-> Generation->Testing

While Workflow only deals with the Path/Stages required for Approval, of a role.

6. No

7. Approver is for default assignment of Role Owner, according to your Attributes, defined in Decision table and then Condition group assignment to Role Owners

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Plaban.

I am still a bit confused with one question now.

The difference between BRF+ rule we link with APPROVER and the BRF+ rule we have in MSMP

We have three BRF+ rule here

One in APPROVER

One in METHODOLOGY

One in MSMP

Kindly advise the exact purpose of these three.

Thanks as always.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Approver: helps you generate a rule id, to which you map a Condition Group, in Decision table. Then in NWBC->..>Role Owners, you map RoleOwners to Condition Group.

Methodology: Rule id generated gives you a Result Column as 'Condition group' in Decision table . The Condition group  value is mapped to Methodology Process, which in turn is mapped to Process(and steps)  

MSMP: The Process has a step called Approval. When the role in BRM, reaches this step, a workflow will be triggered. The Workflow is created, by generating Rule id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

So when we create a new role and initiate approval,which rule gets called in backend?

Former Member
0 Kudos

msmp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

Then where the below one is getting used?

Approver: helps you generate a rule id, to which you map a Condition Group, in Decision table. Then in NWBC->..>Role Owners, you map RoleOwners to Condition Group.

If I map a role owner in above step to a condition group and if I map a different agent for approval in MSMP, what will happen?

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Somik,

Approval process works and depends on mapped condition groups in role management,

in your case it will gives errors  No agent find/approver cannot approve/no request in work inbox

Hence we cannot use another approver who is not mapped  to condition group in NWBC.

Let us know if need more details

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Apologies as I still have some questions in my mind.

Let's say I have a scenario where I want someone specific to approve a role created for a certain business process and critical role, how can i achieve the same.

Also when the below comes into play?

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Somik,

Create BRF+ rule  for approver with business process,critical level(not sure same field is available)  and condition group in decision table

Now you can maintain approver in NWBC as  role owner via condition groups and as role content approver in role maintenance.

When you create a role with attributes like Business process,critical level then approver will be picked from BRF+ approver rule

Refer the link for additional details

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

I was thinking in a different way,Where I will create a BRF+ rule and create a customizing agent.

Then I will use this rule with two diff paths for 2 diff decision tables one for certain business proc and criticality and other one for the rest.

For the first path I will use the customizing agent for approval.

I also thought of mapping this BRF+ details in SPRO of role management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So we don't mention this new rule as mentioned by you in MSMP? It's only needs to be maintained in SPRO?

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Somik,

I don't think we can add two BRF+ rues for Approver condition group in SPRO.

We can customize the BRF+ approver rule as per the requirement by using decision table,DB lookup,Procedure calls etc

Regards

Baithi

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Somik,

We need to maintain approver rules in step 2-Maintain agent rules

create path and maintain stage settings in step 5-Maintain paths

check page 70,71 for reference

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80063a8e-1da6-2e10-aaa5-fda1f0936...

Regards

Baithi

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello  Somik,

Please refer the below link and refer Business Role Management (BRM)

Hope this will gives you required information

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baithi,

Thanks a lot!

I will go through the documents.

can you kindly help me with answer of the above questions for now?