cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin search by stock availability during automatic TO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I'd like to know if there is a way to determine automatycally a certain storage type to be picked during a TO creation.

My scenario is basically:

- One GR storage type (901) with one storage bin

- One fixed storage type (005) indicating the bin into material master

So, during the TO creation triggered by the movement 261, if 901 bin has stock, this one should be considered, if not the fixed bin should be considered.

I know it has a configuration to determine the list of storage types to be showerd during the TO creation, but I don't see a way for the system to check automatically the bin stock.

Please advise.

Thanks

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check your process / step  once again, Movement type 261 is for consumption (GI) against production order whereas storage type 901 is for receipt against production order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. Ok, it could be 902 instead correct? Is it possible to check the stock on bin anyway?

philippe_marque
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you are trying to do is to pick for a movement 261 first from an interim storage type for GR (901 or 902) and then in your fixed storage type 005 if there is no stock available in the goods receipt area.

It seems you are trying to do some kind of opportunistic cross-docking.

You can include the 901 or 902 in the list of storage type for picking, at the first place. It will work and if there is stock in 901 / 902, the system will pick in those bins. But it is not recommended at all.

The problem is that the goods receipt process is not finished when the goods are in 901 / 902. In that case you may have inbound deliveries with TO Status "A" or open TR (Transfer Requirements).

Rgds,

Philippe

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, it cannot be 902 either, movement type 261 is for consumption against production order and the flow for that is

Create production order---Release Production order----Perform WM material staging (Transfer the component physically to system suggested bin in storage type 100, based on the control cycle) ---Perform the goods receipt of FG (Mvt 101) which will consume the stock from storage type 100(MvT 261)

if the control cycle is not defined then system will consume the stock from storage type 914 it will stamp a negative quant and you need to manually move the stock to 914 from physical bin using t-code LT01

wrt to your another query it possible to check the stock on bin anyway?

This is SAP standard and based on your search criteria(storage type search under LE---WM---Strategies---Storage type search) if the stock is not there in the first storage type system will search another till the time it is not able to fulfill the requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipe,

You got it, this will be some sore of cross-docking process.

Just detailing here a little bit, so maybe you will see that it is ok to do according with the requirements I have.

- After GR is done, material stays at dock bin (901 or 902 storage type). The TO is confirmed at this point.

- If the warehouse guy wants the materil going to material bin, he will open a transfer bin to bin, sending it to 005 storage bin.

- At this point, when I release a production order in CO02, I need a TR/TO created and the bin determined automatically (as you know the priority is the GR bin, if this is empty, so 005).

If it is possible to check stock and determine the bin automatically this way, my solution will be complete. I've tried to include 901/902 and 005 in the list for picking but the TO goes to error and when I try to create it manually it just show me the list of storage locations that I could pick, it doesn't tell me each one is being considered according with availability.

Thanks for the help

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Let me tell you my simple MW structure so maybe you can suggest me something better. It seems a little bit confusing with all these src and dest storage types, I need to set it better.

GR 101 (not production GR)

Src - GR 902 (area external rcpts)

Dest - Storage type for GR docking (Which one do you suggest?)

Material Home bin (they move just in case it doesn't go to production

005 - Homebin

TO process

Src - bin with stock from GR or 005 above

Dest - 914 GI area production order

GI 261 (back flush)

Src - 914 GI area production order

Dest - 100

GR 101 (Production)

Src - 100

Dest - 901 Gr for production

Thanks

Antonio

philippe_marque
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

You should not confirm a TO in 901/902. That's not a good practise. You should create a new storage type called "cross-dock" or something like this and send the goods automatically to that storage type. Then you can organize your picking first from this storage type and then from 005.

Rgds,

Philippe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution was OMLJ setting the movement types, OPKP setting production scheduling profile and OMKO interface PP WM.

Thanks for helping guys.