cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry for iOS: Complex Table Tree scanning option not working?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new complex table tree search field and enabled the "Scanning" option. But as you can see in the pictures there is no way (in iPad) to scan a barcode when I search using this field. Is this a platform limitation? It's weird because iPad camera can be used to scan barcodes in a normal complex table search field.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcal,

Hi. If this is still an issue, it looks like it may be a client limitation. In theory, it should have either added a soft scan button or a hardware trigger to use it as scanning (normally for WinCE it is a soft button or hard gun trigger). Due to the iOS does not really have a pre-built scanner but a camera, this old feature of scanning may not work. 

Your iOS picture didn't have a softkey. It may be an internal feature request.

What is your version of the Agentry iOS client and/or Editor (SMP 3.0 SP)?

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes this is still an issue, it would be great if it can be added in a future release. The only work around I could think is to have a 2 fields in the notification creation, one is normal complex table search which has the scanning button and the other is the complex table tree. But this is not a a proper "usable" solution and obviously users don't like it.

Should I create an incident?

The iOS client is the latest in the AppStore, currently 70.9.4.4. I won't create a branded one for specific version until the project goes live.

Regarding the Editor, now I'm working on 70.9.0.6. I think when I created this thread it was a different version. But the issue is still there.

The SMP version is SP04, but I tested in SP08 PL01 too.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Marcal,

This is strictly a client issue and will not be affected by the SMP version or the editor version (since the option already exists).

--Bill

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Yes, I'm aware but I gave this information because Mark asked for it (at least the editor version, it is not clear to me if SMP SP version was required).

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcal,

Here is the technique for feature request. The platform team (Agentry - the server,editor or clients) relies on the request made by the SAP Account Executives (AE) for your company on feature request. There is an internal link that the AE has to fill out and put the business requirements for the customer and why it is needed. Then this will get reviewed by the product owners for future feature request.

It is ideal that you go this route as if you go through an incident all the engineering team would do is reply that this has been logged or be straight to say that there is no plan to put this feature in the product - thank you.

Feature request is special as it means that the engineering team have a decision to either make it part of the release or not (denied). If you have an AE backer, this goes a longer way wherein there will be some review about it by the product owners (Higher ups).

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer