cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a return delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a decentralized warehouse scenario, or a scenario with EWM, cancellation of goods movement with VL09 is not possible. According to SAP Note ‘1459993 Error message VL633 occurs in transaction VL09’. To cancel an outbound delivery, returns process should be used and a return delivery should be created.

I’ve find no way to create a return delivery, with reference to material document or originating order/delivery to reverse GI. With the reversal open quantities on the outbound delivery should be adjusted.

How to do step 4 of SAP note 1459993? In step 5, it is described for inbound delivery. I need such answer for step 4.

How to reverse goods issue, by creating a return delivery, for cancellation of GI in case of a delivery in a decentralized warehouse scenario? This was not described in the note and is not described in the referred SAP Help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tao,

To create a return delivery with reference to the material document kindly use MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Creating a return delivery with reference to the material with MIGO is not possible!

I've STO with Goods Issue on Outbound Delivery. I want to cancel/reverse GI. When I try VL09 I get error message VL633. SAP Note 1459993 explains the error message VL663. The solution according to SAP Note 1459993: "In order to cancel an outbound delivery, create a return delivery." This 'solution' was stated without telling HOW!?

I've tried to create a return delivery with MIGO with reference to material document (this is the same as MBRL). In that case I get error message M7130. According this error message you should use VL09. So in fact there is a deadlock situation.

According to SAP Note 318632 MBRL/MIGO should work for all purchase orders. Unfortunately this is not a correct statement The outbound delivery which I want to cancel/reverse was generated for a purchase stock transfer order(STO). MBRL with selecting ‘Create Delivery’ is not working for this type of material document related to outbound delivery, related to STO. The STO is a type of purchase order. The solution of SAP Note 318632 is not working for STO Purchase Order. Probably this is a design flaw.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A,

I have not read the note you mentioned. Goods have not reached the receiving plant, when you (want to) create a return delivery, what would be the starting point? My point is that goods are not returns, you might want to think of cancelling the particular STO cycle. Is this possible in the systems?

TW

tao_sun2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to create a return order with a return delivery for this.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao, you advise to create a return order, followed by a return delivery.

However, this return order has no reference to the original delivery which need to be canceled?

In our case, the original order is a Stock Transfer Order(MM) with an Outbound Delivery(SD) from EWM warehouse. After Goods Issue the goods are in transit.

A Goods Receipt should follow at receiving plant. Sometimes the goods will not arrive at the receiving plant. In that case GI need to be canceled. This is not possible due to EWM. VL09 gives an error message. The SAP note is telling to create a return delivery. HOW???

This should have a reference to the original delivery to get goods back from in transit to in stock.

For inbound deliveries is described how to create such kind of return delivery and this is working fine. However, for outbound deliveries the note has not described which transaction to use to create return delivery.

tao_sun2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi van den Berg,

Thanks for the additional information.

In this case, the main point is to start a new business process to move stock back to warehouse.

For example, if the original business process was started with sales order, if you want to "reverse GI",

you can create return order with return delivery.

For STO, you may consider creating a opposite STO with inbound delivery to move stock back.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Tao