Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC_TYPELENG_INCONSISTENT

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

We recently updated our Quality systems SAP_BASIS Component from 74003 to 74004, however we have not updated our SAP_BASIS component of PRD system.Hence when we IMPORTED a TR from QAS to PRD i got the following error.I checked for solution in google and adjusted the particular table after that the eerors stopped occuring.I want to know whether this error occured due to basis component updation or something else.I am planning to update our PRD systems SAP_BASIS component this weekend.Will we again face this issue if we import a new TR.Should we not import until SAP_BASIS component is updated.I also want to know should we even update the SAP_ABA component.Want your valuable suggestions Please inform.

Regards,

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adarsh,

The answer is simple: Do not transport change requests between systems which have different stack levels.

I would give the steps for an example support package installation:

1-If you have a QA system, refresh it from your production system. Then seperate it from your transport landcape.

2-Install support packages to your QA system.

3-Execute functional tests there.

4-Then install SPs to your production.

5-Finally refresh your development system from your "up-to-date" prod system.

If you don't have a QA,

1-Copy your prod system to a sandbox and install SPs there.

2-Then install SPs to your dev system. Think of refreshing it before installing.

3-Finally install SPs to your prod.

These options can vary up to your landscape structure and organization. But never import TRs between systems with different SP levels.

Regards,

Serhat

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sherat,

Thanks for your reply,Could you also let me know is it compulsory to update SAP_ABA component after updating SAP_BASIS component.

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

There is no such an obligation. The best practice is to put ABA and BASIS in the same queue.

*You SHOULD DEFINITELY check this SAP Note before you start the execution of your queue:

1843157 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 7.40 AS ABAP

*First update your kernel and install SPAM update.

Regards,

Serhat