cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid sending empty reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all! In Netweavers BexBroadcasting tool, we had the option to avoid sending an empty report, by setting an alert level in a query, which was used in turn as a condition by the Broadcaster before sending an email attachment. Now we are trying to find the same concept with BO 4.1. Lets say a webi document is scheduled to send an email every Monday. But if the query returns no data, the email should nt be sent. Do you have any idea / suggestions to achieve that in BO 4.1 ? Thanks Thierry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using Crystal Reports then there is a Setting for that out of the box in the publication.

If you want to stick to web intelligence, then you could use a Web Intelligence Report with your Dynamic recipients. In that document, you could filter the E-Mail adresses to be shown only if there is corresponding data. That way the mails will be send only if there is data.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Victor! I will try your suggestion.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would just like to add that this is a WebI backlog item *pencilled* for BI4.2.x (unknown SP), we hope sometime in 2016

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217770
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Theirry ,

can you please let me know how to stop broadcasting empty reports in bw?

Regards,

Naiduz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naiduz,

By BW you mean webI on BO ? If so, there is nothing out of the box.

Basically we have redeveloped the broadcasting tool outside of BO :

We had to build an external webservice using BO's API to run the webi first, analyze its content to see if every part to be split into (based on a characteristic break) is empty.Then for each non empty part, the web service runs the report again just for that characteristic value and sends it to the appropriate email (attribute of the characteristic) in a chosen format.

It was a big development, we used WebMethods to do that. And it is working fine.

Hope this helps...

Thierry

andrew_dale
Explorer
0 Kudos

you can use publications to do this for WEBI and CRYSTAL reports. that is functionality straight out of the box in BI4.1