cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a return delivery? VL09 not applicable with EWM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a decentralized warehouse scenario, or a scenario with EWM, cancellation of goods movement with VL09 in ECC  is not possible. According to SAP Note ‘1459993 Error message VL633 occurs in transaction VL09’. To cancel an outbound delivery, returns process should be used and a return delivery should be created.

I’ve find no way to create a return delivery, with reference to material document or originating order/delivery to reverse GI. With the reversal open quantities on the outbound delivery should be adjusted.

How to do step 4 of SAP note 1459993? In step 5, it is described for inbound delivery. I need such answer for step 4.

How to reverse goods issue, by creating a return delivery, for cancellation of GI in case of a delivery in a decentralized warehouse scenario? This was not described in the note and is not described in the referred SAP Help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

petrzak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In other words, once you have EWM, you should process distributed deliveries only from EWM. That is why VL09 does not and should not work.

Sometimes it is also easier just to finish the document flow and then correct the stock balances using 301 movement.

With all the best.

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Van

For EWM OD GI reversal/cancellation.

step one reverse GI in OD

Delete OD

use /SCWM/CANCPICK for canceling pick.

and then you can pick new HU/Mat as you need.

now for inbound return you need to create Return del and send mat to vend.

Regards

Suraj

dodda_syam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know more as per my scenario.

GI posted, Accounting/Billing document created. Again I have reversed GI from EWM and which has posted successfully in ECC in my case. I would like to stop posting reversal of Goods Issue when Accounting/ Billing document got created and Open. Could you please advise where I can get config settings to control this?

former_member38225
Participant
0 Kudos

A., the return delivery can only be created by creating a return order with reference to the original order and then generating the return delivery from the return order.

Hope that helps.

Later..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our case, the original order is a Stock Transfer Order(MM) with an Outbound Delivery(SD) from EWM warehouse. After Goods Issue the goods are in transit A Goods Receipt should follow at receiving plant.

Sometimes the goods will not arrive at the receiving plant. In that case Goods Issue need to be reversed. This is not possible due to EWM. VL09 gives an error message. Goods need to be posted from in-transit to in-stock at the delivering plant.

The SAP note is telling to create a return delivery. But HOW??? This should have a reference to the original material document/delivery to get goods back from in transit to in stock.

Creating a return order with reference to STO, Outbound Delivery or Material Document is not possible.

former_member38225
Participant
0 Kudos

I wouldn't expect the note to detail the process as everyone uses the system differently, remember this is not a bug. In the case above I would question why goods that were not received were issued but I digress.

You have several options, but what I think you are looking for is to create a return STO and then create a delivery from that and have them goods issue at the other end.

Hope that helps.

Later........

Former Member
0 Kudos

It’s probably a design flaw.

Without EWM system in place, you can cancel goods issue for outbound delivery with VL09. With EWM this is not possible, you'll get error message VL633.

SAP Note 1459993 contains two statements how to deal with this:

1. In order to cancel an outbound delivery, create a return delivery.  [HOW?]
  2. In order to cancel an inbound delivery, create a return delivery with transaction MBRL and movement type 122.

In the first statement was not described how,

The return delivery which should reverse the GI, should open corresponding quantity in the underlying order again. That's exactly what (2) MBRL is doing in an inbound scenario.

Do I miss something or did SAP forgot something in solution design?