cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML File Sender to ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario like File to ABAP Proxy. Input file is huge like 60 MB and it's a XML file. Currently, it's consuming large resources in both XI & R/3 system.

I would like to use the option of Recordsets per message using the File Content Conversion. As the Input file being the XML, how the parameters under the File Content Conversion can be handled? Can you please throw some input on this?

Thanks,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Yes, I do have mapping involved in this.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I guess u cannot use File Content Conversion for an input file which is in XML format. But if ur concern is to handle the large file then, u can go thru the following link which talks abt handling large files...

<a href="/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover:///people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2007/02/21/sap-xi-acting-as-a-huge-file-mover

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

If we can't use the File Content Conversion for an XML input file then Is there a way to restrict the number of records in XI?

Thanks,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I dont think you have any other option for restricting the number of recrods if you have an XML file.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Since you are using XML file and also there is no file content conversion you can use the Recordsets option. It is used whenever you have file content conversion only.

Do you doing any mapping or just you are sending the file using XI to R3.

---Satish