Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI UPGRADE to BI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expertise,

My client is planning for Technical upgrade of BI system –
BI 7.0 -> BI 7.4  immediately and planning to go for the Functional Upgrade from 3.X
objects to 7.4 next year.

( Technically BI system is on 7.0 but we are still using 3.X queries, WAD, 3.X flow)

I have some queries,

1. Is there any issue to follow this process?
  2. What precaution should be taken if we go with
    the client decision?

Any detailed information apart from the above two questions
are also warm welcomed. Thanks in advance!!!!

Thanks,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

3.x Data staging technology is still supported in BW 7.4. However, it is highly recommended to migrate a.s.a.p. to take full advantage of the superior features of 7.x Data staging technology.

BEx 3.5 is not available anymore in BW 7.4. However, the Analytic Engine is able to execute the queries created with BEx Query Designer 3.5. Be aware that some features are not supported anymore. You can run a check tool prior to the upgrade to support an impact analysis. Report SAP_QUERY_CHECKER_740 is available for that.

Workbooks created with BEx Analyzer must be converted. The same applies to Web Templates.

Please find more information in the following SAP Notes and SAP Help:

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sander....!!!!

daniel_lippmann5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I totally agree with . Concerning the technical upgrade, there's nothing special to consider. Just follow the guides:

SAP NetWeaver Upgrade | SAP Support Portal

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjan,

You will be facing an issue in the update rule after the upgrade to 7.4,

Issue: RETURNCODE = 4.

Reason, This is not supported in or after BW 7.3, so you will have to do some setting in RSADMIN. You can refer the below link for more details.

http://solveissue.com/note?id=1887091

Thanks

Vijayendra