cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New DECIMAL precision in SAP B1 9.1 PL07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Recently we've updated our test SAP B1 to PL07... and of course all addons crashed right away (SAP - I love you so )! The reason - "Cannot convert from Net.Decimal". I looked in Hana Studio and got horrified - all the DECIMAL values (including system fields) had a fixed precision: DECIMAL(21,6). (A bunch of unprintable words here ...) So here is the question - is it any way to return the good old-time floating point DECIMAL.

Regards, Evgeny.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much evgeny for sharing this with us.

we are using PL 06, and it's really good to know this in advance.

may i ask you if it was in some way announced in the changelog / new features list of the upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Yesterday I searched for any hints of this new "surprise" feature in sap notes, forums ..., and found nothing. Looks like SAP just forgot to warn the developers of this "negligible" modification)) In my case, I just ALTERed columns' defenition back to the floating point in all UDO-tables, the addons started working again. Rude, but I had no choise - it's hard to rewrite thousands lines of well tested code)) Moreover, I used decimal to gain a high precision of arithmetic operations on finance fields, taking in account that we needed to convert prices and amounts between several currencies. Floating point DECIMAL was the best choise for such opperations until PL07, which cut away any precision))

Regards, Evgeny.