cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebIDE: Problems with dedicated Destination for different clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we just started using WebIDE as a sapstore.com-subscription without the full HANA Cloud Platform.

We have created a HTTP-Connection to our local system in the Cloud Connector (HTTPS won't work...).

In the Cloud Cockpit we then  have configured the following destinations:

Name: L3E_999

Type: HTTP

Proxy Type: OnPremise

Cloud Connector Version: 2

Authentication: NoAuthentication

Additional Properties:

sap-client: 999

WebIDEEnabled: True

WebIDESystem: L3E

WebIDEUsage: odata_abap,bsp_execute_abap,ui5_execute_abap,dev_abap

We cloned L3E_999 to L3E_200 and configured it with sap-client = 200.

This is because:

200 = Customizing-Client

300 = Different Customizing etc..

999 = Development-Client (the only one)

This means if starting a new Template-based Project we use L3E_200 to connect to the system and use the OData's-Metadata to generate the project skeleton.

When deploying on our on-premise system however, we need to use L3E_999 and this instantly fails with forbidden:

https://webide-XXX.dispatcher.hana.ondemand.com/destinations/L3E_999/sap/bc/adt/discovery

HTTP 403: Forbidden

When connecting to the URL with the browser, the expected HTTP Authentication dialog pops up and everything works out.

The browser now has the required authentication in-memory and another try in the WebIDE succeeds now.

I just debugged the Cloud-Connector logs and in both cases (L3E_200 & L3E_999 Destinations) the connections seems to work:

2015-07-23 16:27:27,671#DEBUG#com.sap.core.connectivity.protocol.http.handlers.HttpProtocolOutboundHandler#processor-9-7#0x23abfcf4#Access allowed to /sap/bc/adt/discovery for virtual host l3e.virtual.http:8085|

I also put an external breakpoint on my user in ICF sap/bc/adt  (CL_ADT_WB_RES_APP).

The breakpoint is ONLY triggered when connecting via browser to the url which also gives an HTTP-Auth dialog where I put my user.

When selecting the destination via WebIDE not Authentication is prompted and the breakpoint is also not triggered, instead it's 403 forbidden nearly instantly.

Any advice on how to cope with this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP note 1977537  did the trick for us.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for updating

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Is it possible that the ICF service on your server is configured as public with fixed credentials?

If so, the way to workaround it is either by removing this configuration, or by setting the destination as "BasicAuthentication" and provide credentials there.

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Michal,

thanks for your reply.

Checked the following Services, neither did have any preset authentication...

/default_host/sap/bc/adt

/default_host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5

/default_host/sap/opu/odata/iwfnd & sap

/default_host/sap/opu/odata has an "Alternative Logon Procedure" instead of the standard one,
however no other authentication data is set. Will try again with procedure=Standard

inactive: /default_host/sap/opu/utils/...

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

I see you opened a ticket on this, so let's continue this discussion in the ticket and update here once we have a solution.

Regards,
Michal.