cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO CIF Error-Missing mandatory configuration for AFS_SMODE.

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to AFS world.

When I try to cif an PO,I am getting below error.

1. Category characteristic AFS_SMODE is not a part of the classification.
  2. Missing mandatory configuration for AFS_SMODE.
  3. Mandatory configuration is missing for 4500000016 000010 0001.

AFS_SMODE is the characteristic name and 4500000016 is my PO.

I have assigned the value in material master for this characteristic.Still I am getting the same error.

Please help me in understanding what this error is about.I need your help badly.

Waiting for your replies.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Menka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thank you Rahul for your reply.

Characteristics are already in APO system.Whn I click on the error details it gives me below information.Do you have any idea where we maintain this list of configuration characteristics?

Diagnosis

The list of configuration characteristics does not include an entry for a characteristic that is customized to be mandatory within the configuration class that is assigned to the corresponding material.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Menka,

Is the value in material master equal to PO value for that characteristic? This means if you have assigned "Blue" color in material master do you have "Blue" only in PO as an example?

Regards

Rahul

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge there is no CIFing in MM, I know this term from APO.

In what system do you CIF? I can then move this question to the right forum.

0 Kudos

yes I am CIFing in APO system.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Menka,

Have you already moved characteristics and classes to APO? It seems you have class and character in ECC which is being used in transaction data but not available in APO. Check below link:

Integration of Classes and Characteristics - Integration via APO Core Interface (CIF) - SAP Library

Regards

Rahul