cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver '04s Using SQL Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are in the process of rolling out three seperate landscapes to be used as follows: GRC for managing SAP security (Virsa tools), GTS 7.1, Enterprise Portal, ESS/MSS, KM, etc. This would be for NW '04s SR2.

I would like to know if anyone has experience using SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition vs. using the Enterprise Edition. Can anyone share their experiences or concerns for going with the SQLserver 2005 Standard Edition?

Thanks.

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used SQL 2000 and 2005 both. Initially i felt i was comfortable with 2000 but slowly i am definately more comfortable with it.

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 provides a new Management Studio, integration with Visual Studio 2005, and the Microsoft .NET common language runtime - all of which help you build, debug, and operate applications faster and more efficiently.

SQL Server 2005 supports the highest performance, availability and security to run your most demanding applications with native data encryption, secure default settings, and password policy enforcement.

Taking backup and restoration remains quite the same.

Reward with points.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We decide to go with MSSQL 2005 EE

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used SQL 2005 enterprise edition for NW04s & ESS/MSS. We found the landscape more stable. We did end-to-end implementation of ESS/MSS sucessfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rajat and Mantosh.

Are you guys currently using the standard edition for NW '04s? I just want to confirm.

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio

All our systems are NW04S_SR2 MSSQL 2005.I feel it is easy to handle and much more robust.

Any speacific querry feel free to ask