Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete multiple request

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I delete multiple request in one command? Is there a way I can do it using an Admin account?

I use SE10 and enter single user only, then SE03 to delete the request.

How about multiple releasing of request? I want to use this for new users, since old transport request still exist in the accounts.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member355261
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can delete many requests at once through SE03.

You can display the requests of all users by typing * in the user field in T-code SE10.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi janice Abellana,

use this  Tcode  STMS_IMPORT and just click on  request and press F9 for multiple selection for delete, or  use SE10 to delete multiple request.

Regards,

Dinesh S

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nobody should be simply deleting workbench requests (no matter how old) in a development system, I believe... One must take care to restore correct version of the development object before doing so, including the objects, for which there is no version management (like smartforms).

I have seen 3 system landscape, where there were hundreds of workbench objects differing in the development system and production, because people have obviously been fiddling with their transport requests, and/or rejecting them in QA without understanding what the hell they are doing... Objects present in development and missing in production, objects no longer in development but still in production, different versions on development and production - it is very time consuming to clean the discrepancies up, when the differences between development and production finally become a real problem.

Don't delete transport requests unless you are absolutely certain of what you are doing, and don't delete them prior to restoring correct state of development objects. Don't try to do it "in one command", in other words, especially if there are so many requests that you feel you need "mass delete"

Cheers

Jānis

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Janice,

You can create a custom program and call the function module "TRINT_TDR_USER_COMMAND" in a loop which can be used to delete the requests.

Pass below parameters to function module.

V_OBJECT = <Transport request>

IV_TYPE = 'TASK'

IV_COMMAND = 'DELE'

As Jānis B has mentioned it is not recommended to delete the transports request in mass, also the objects has to be restored to original version before deleting. Extreme caution is required to do this.

Regards,

TP