cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect smp 3.0 production with relay server and afaria server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to setup Afaria server connected with SMP3 production server and SMP3 in turn  connected with the relay server

1)Howto connect Afaria with  SMP3(prod)

2)how to connect SMP3 with relay server

3)Does SMP3 development has any role to be played or what  is its purpose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

Here are the documents for :

1. How to connect SMP3.0 with Relay Server

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2014/07/31/connecting-sap-mobil...

2. Please see this document which explains you on provisioning Afaria with applications in the Developer perspective. SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3.0 SP02 – SAP Help Portal Page and go to Development Information -> Kapsel Development -> Provisioning Applications using Afaria

3. Afaria Server setup with the SMP3.0 will be to deploy and configure the KAPSEL application in SMP3.0. Look at this document for better understanding http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51466

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

andreas_wegmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik, Sushmita,

1. Sorry, but the link for the Relay Server should NOT be used. In SMP 3.0.x runtime ONLY RS version 16.5.3 or higher can be used due to design changes:

Using Relay Server with SAP Mobile Platform - Administration Overview - SAP Library

2. First question would be WHICH version of SMP 3 you mean? The SMP 3.0 runtime or the SMP 3.0 MBO runtime?SMP3 development has any role to be played or what  is its purpose"

3. Please note that actually the Relay Server for SMP 3.0 runtime (latest version 16.5.4) is NOT compatible with the Relay Server for Afaria.

4. What do you mean exactly with "SMP3 development has any role to be played or what  is its purpose"?

5. What do you want to do with SMP 3 AND Afaria?

6. For SMP and Afaria please also take a look at the Getting Started from Dan:

Thanks,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

1)Our client want Afaria, SMP  production  and Relay server to be interconnected...I am not sure for what purpose they want SMP 3.0 here

2)We are using SMP 3.0 SP 05 ver 3.0.5.0...is it compatible with Realy server  for Afaria

Thanks

Karthik

andreas_wegmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

1 - I think your customer should give more details for which purpose he would like to use such an environment.
For me it sounds like he just want to use one Relay Server where SMP and Afaria can connect to.

2 - SMP 3.0 SP05 is NOT compatible with the RElay Server for Afaria as mentioned in my previous post.
The RS for SMP 3.0.x has another design then the RS for Afaria, although they were originally the same.

Thanks, Andreas