cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 key functioning in screen personas 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For me In screen personas the F4 key is not working as it works in SAP GUI Transactions.So can anyone please suggest me that whether F4 key works in screen personas 2.0 or not,Opinions are most welcomed.

Warm Regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In what way does the key not work like in the SAP GUI? More details and a screen shot would help to understand the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

In the first screen shot in order to find the register group if we press F4 it will give a popup related to that(as in 2nd screen shot) but if I do the same in screen persona its not giving that pop-up.Hence I got the above doubt.

Regards,

Ranjan.R

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Which transaction is this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

EG06

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah, I see... the F4 key actually doesn't work on any Personas 2.0 screen, not just in EG06. I'm not sure if there is a way to make the function key react like in the SAP GUI, apparently this activates a different browser function.

The webgui (and Personas 3.0) reacts the same way like the SAP GUI though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh its ok Thank you Tamas for your time.

Regards,

Ranjan.R

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on the browser you are using. Chrome allows F4 to be passed to Silverlight, so it works as expected, but IE uses F4 as shortcut to URL input field, so Silverlight does not receive that request.

You can use Shirt+F4 as alternate option.

Thanks

Chinthan

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, the latest Chrome already blocks Silverlight, so IE will probably remain the browser of choice for Personas 2.0 in the long run.

Instead of F4, just use the mouse and click the search help button - that will always work