cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

queries on removal through pick point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have set up LOSC for pick point removal. I have set up below config in pick point removal.

Src St type     Dest St type     Full HU removal                              Intermediate St Location     Pick point checkbox

XXXX               YYYY               A (partial removal-Product WT)               ZZZZ/Bin1                              set

Source storage type XXXX is set with 'pick point active'; Pick point storage type ZZZZ is set with storage type rule B (pick point)

Also, a new pack work center is defined and assigned to pick point storage type ZZZZ.

Available stocks in Src storage type are HUs (HU1, HU2, HU3) with 100 EA

When I create a WT from XXXX to YYYY for 20 EA, system is creating two WTs. One is to remove one of full HU (say HU1) to pick point ZZZZ/Bin1.

Second one is the original WT with source XXXX and destination YYYY and source HU HU1 which is with status 'waiting'.

After confirmation of 1st WT, HU1 is available in pick point ZZZZ/Bin1 (i.e. also a work center for packing). Also the source bin of the 2nd warehouse task is changed to ZZZZ.

Now, I have created a new HU2 and moved 20 EA which i want to transfer it to destination bin and return the HU1 with remaining 80 EA to the original bin.

But system is not allowing to change the HU in 2nd warehouse task to HU2 for both source HU and destination HU. I am getting error Source data could not be changed with message no /SCWM/L3675

It is going good if I make pack HU2 for 80 EA and HU1 for 20 EA  and move HU1 to final destination.

Seems like it is a standard behavior. But it will cause additional work for warehouse executives to swap the labels for big container (which normally carries 100 EA for this example for which I need to print label HU2 and remove the original label HU1) to small containers (which carries small quantities like 20 EA for this example need to change the label to HU1).

Did I miss something here or is this the standard system behavior.

Thank you in advance.

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venky1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you trying to transfer the content from one HU to another?

If a WT is created to transfer the content then check the HU picking control at storage type level. If it is "process type decides" check the process type level settings. I think if you change it to only adopt content it may resolve the issue.

Regards,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mahadevan for your prompt response.

I could able to manage this issue. In this process, I should not do any work center activities after confirmation of the 2nd WT (which is a HU WT to move source HU to work center i.e. pick point) to remove required quantity from source HU and push it into a new HU.

System will take care of it while I do confirmation of the 1st WT (which becomes active after confirmation of HU WT and its source bin changes to work center bin); During confirmation for this WT, I need to create a new HU though pick-HU process and assign it as a destination HU and confirm the WT.

Then from the work center, I can return the rest of the quantity in source HU through 'Return Transfer' activity.

It resolved the issue.

Thank you

Srinivas.

Answers (0)