cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Object Report Distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We have 100’s of webi reports that need to be view on demand and as well as subscription/Distribution Business object have two options for the subscription. 1. Scheduling: This option forcing us to hardcode the prompt value and that making 1000’s of schedule jobs which is nightmare to maintain 2. Publication: Publication should not have any mandatory prompt and few of our reports need to have mandatory security variable prompt (Cannot make it as an optional due to complex security logic). So, this option will not work for us. I read about third party tool that can feed the prompt and distribute the report. What would be the better option for this requirement? Thanks Vj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please elaborate about the issues you have in second approach. What do you mean by security prompt? Is your data security based on prompt value? Also, let us know about your challenge in converting mandatory prompts into optional.

Thanks,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its an Authorization variable in the Bex that handle the security. it is a complex security and the BW team have no option to make the authorization variable as an Optional. They told us the variable have to be Mandatory.

Do we have any other options other than optional prompt?

Just for sake, even if I make it as an optional prompt that force us to maintain two reports.

One report with Mandatory prompt - For View on Demand

One report with Optional - for publication

this make the report duplicate and any update to report, has to be happen in two places.

Thanks

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two things -

1. Do you assign DB credentials (ie. BW ID with appropriate role) to your BO Users? This will ensure data security for all users on your system. Ensure administrator has no data restriction.

2. If you are able to make prompts optional, then run your report with administrator id with no data restriction and use dynamic recipients in publication to deliver only the relavant data to each user.

If you are able to do both of the above, then I believe you can maintain only one report. Publications will run through administrator id. Data security for online (View on demand) reports will be taken care at BW level itself since every user has a mapped BW id.

Thanks,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hear you Sameer.

I did talk to the team but they are not compromising on security and the security requirement forcing the BW to have mandatory authorization variable.

My hands are tied and running out of options and My only option I can see is to use the InfoBurst from InfoSol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot comment on infoburst part.

Can you explain the scenario or bw complexity behind this mandatory prompt. I will try discussing with my BW team. Also, are you sure DB Credentials are being used for your bo users?

My whole point is that data security should be automated. If you have a report without any prompt, it should show only the appropriate data for each user. Why do we need an explicit prompt that ensures data security? What if choose a value in the prompt which i should not? Will i get data or not?

Thanks,

Sameer