cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landed Cost not hitting Inventory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a Landed Cost from a GRPO.  Inventory from this GRPO has been verified as in stock.  The JE is debiting COGS and crediting my Landed Cost Allocation account.  I am expecting the debit to be Inventory and credit to LC Allocation. Is there somewhere in the G/L account determination that I need to enter the account to be debited?  The inventory from the GRPO is in the Inventory balance sheet account. I even tried a brand new GRPO in test with the same result.

I have set this up successfully with other clients and don't recall anything other than the Landed Cost allocation account set up.  I know that the COGS account is debited when Inventory has been consumed but this inventory is IN STOCK.  This client is on SAP 9.0, PL 5.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime

Check the below link it may helps you

How to Manage Landed Costs in SAP Business One - YouTube

With Regards

Balaji Sampath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member212181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

While adding landed cost document, stock should exists in same warehouse where you entered GRN entry.

If you moved the stock from GRN warehouse to other warehouse, then system will consider, there is not no stock, so that respective portion of landed cost will move to CoGS account

Please make  test entry for the following scenario...

1) Landed cost immediately after GRPO

2) Landed cost after Stock transfer /  sales

Thanks

Unnikrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Balaji, that video is helpful for setting up but I already viewed it and it did not provide an answer to my questions.  I did figure out the issue though.         

The item number in question was on the Standard Cost costing method.  Therefore, the client will have to do a revaluation transaction to capitalize acquisition costs.