cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPConsole: Distributed vs Central

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have been questioned by the Basis team and also by management as to which is better for the project:

A) to have a single "Central" SAPConsole ( located in Geneva, Switzerland at the Corporate Data Center )

or

B) have a SAPConsole installation at each affiliate ( one SAPConsole per warehouse, with warehouses located in Mexico, Columbia, Florida, New Jersey, Geneva, Argentina, Brazil, and China, etc., etc., etc., ... )

What are the Pros and Cons of the two approaches??? What do you recommend?

Thanks, Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vincent,

might be better if you can describe your requirements in which then we can

look at what fits.

regards

jo

0 Kudos

Hello Jo,

Thanks for looking at this.

Well, we have a global company with manufacturing sites in many countries. At each manufacturing facitlity we will implement a SAPConsole WM RF solution. It is my question which makes more sense, a single SAPConsole for the whole global project or a SAPConsole locally at each affilate?

I don't think it is a complex question and there are obvious advantages to both approaches. There can be Pros and Cons assigned to either approach by someone who has no first hand experience in such an implementation, this I know. For example, my manager who is new to SAP has offered his opionions and advice; of which many are very good. So this is not really what I was looking for. In fact, I was hoping to have some one weigh in who has good experience, in a <u>global SAP RF WM</u> implementation and maybe learned the hard way as to which approach offers what benefits. Nevertheless, all commentary is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Vince