SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing restriction 8 - can it be put back manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When we post a FICA document, sometimes we automatically put a clearing restriction 8 on line items.  This way, the line items with clearing restriction 8 cannot be cleared until this FICA document is invoiced.

Somehow, users accidentally reset (i.e. remove) the clearing restriction 8 when they are not supposed to. 

1) I tried to use FPE2 to put the clearing restriction back.  But the restriction field is grayed out in FPE2.   Is there any configuration I can do to make this field editable in FPE2?  I cannot find the location of such configuration.

2) Is there a way to restrict certain users to remove clearing restriction 8 but meanwhile they still can remove clearing restriction 2, if needed?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Jennifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is configuration in FI-CA for "Define modifiable Clearing Restrictions". Perhaps you can add a row in that configuration and give it a try.

Attached is the configuration path for that.

My suspicion is that Clearing Restriction "8" is already configured in there, therefore users are able to re-set the Clearing Restriction.

Deleting "8" from this configuration path will make it not possible for users to re-set the restriction "8". This would be a preventative measure.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I don't think you can manually update the clearing restriction through FPE2 but you can table update the value.

Certainly you can restrict some users from making/updating changes to clearing restriction through FPE2.

Contract AR AP > Basic functions > postings and documents > Basic settings > Define authorizations to field changes,

In this activity you can group fields into field groups. you can then give individual users a change authorization for authorization object F_KKKO_AEN for these field groups.

thanks,

Vikram

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is configuration in FI-CA for "Define modifiable Clearing Restrictions". Perhaps you can add a row in that configuration and give it a try.

Attached is the configuration path for that.

My suspicion is that Clearing Restriction "8" is already configured in there, therefore users are able to re-set the Clearing Restriction.

Deleting "8" from this configuration path will make it not possible for users to re-set the restriction "8". This would be a preventative measure.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Please find the response to your queries.

(a) As per Standard SAP functionality, once the clearing restriction '8' is reset, you can't place it back manually. If at all you need to place the restriction '8' back, you have to do it through a custom program using the FM FKK_AUGRS_RESET_DB.

(b) Usage of Standard Auth. Object, F_KKKO_AEN, will only restrict the users from whether they are able to change the clearing restriction field or not. It doesn't restrict them from changing the value in clearing restriction field, whether its is '8' or '2' or '3' etc.

If you want to restrict users not to change the clearing restriction value '8' only, and allowing them to change other clearing restriction values, then I would suggest you to create a new parameter ID with a certain value and assign this parameter only to those users for whom you want to restrict the changes. Now enhance event 1121 to check t whether the User who is making the changes has the parameter set or not. Depending on the parameter you can allow/reject the changes made to the clearing restriction field.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan.

0 Kudos

Hello Ivor,

I also tried your suggestion - removing 8 from the modifiable clearing restriction list.  It works well.  Now no users can manually reset the clearing restriction.  I will communicate this option with the business.  If there is no valid scenario when the clearing restriction 8 needs to be reset (before invoicing) by any user, then this would be the simplest solution. 

Thank you again for your suggestions.

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your quick response!  I will give it a try according to Amlan's suggestion. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

FM FKK_AUGRS_RESET_DB is to reset the clearing restriction.  I assume that you meant to suggest FM FKK_DB_DFKKOP_AUGRS_SET in order to restore the clearing restriction.

I just used SE37->Execute->Test Sequence, then input FM FKK_DB_DFKKOP_AUGRS_SET and then FM BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.  I am able to restore the clearing restriction 8 back to the FICA document line item.

Thanks again.

Jennifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

Apologies for the typo. I tried to mean the FM FKK_DB_DFKKOP_AUGRS_SET for placing the clearing restriction '8'.

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

A quick update.

There is a valid scenario when a user has to manually reset clearing restriction 8.  That is, before we create an installment plan for an unbilled security deposit, we have to reset the clearing restriction 8 on the unbilled security deposit. 

Business does not want to restrict on user access either.  Everyone in  the team should be able to do such reset clearing.

Now I am looking into restriction based on main transaction.  I may add some custom logic in event 71-Posting: Check if Clearing Reset is Permitted.

Thank you everyone for your great help!  I really appreciate it!!

Jennifer