cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create custom OVS from Custom Business Object ??

former_member187060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi cloud experts need help,

I got a requirement for creating custom ovs from custom business object for a node level element i have followed various steps from the related posts on this but not able to achieve the requirement.

followed this links also.

http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_studio_1502/studio_od_1502.pdf

businessobject Custom_OVS {

element id : ID;

node OVS [0,n]

{

element chainID : ID;

}

i have multiple values for the ChainID element like

i have created ovs uicomponent for the solution and linked the chainid to the Objectid. now my requirement is if i select Objectid field then i should get all the values of ChainID as a dialog box popup.

Kindly check the screen shot of my OVS attached.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. Create a custom query on node level (right click the BO and create query and select your node (not root). or creat SADL Query

Please take a look at these docs to understand how queries work.

2. Creat OVS

3. Bind the ValueHelpQuery with your custom query

4. Add elementID from your custom query to the query selection parameter and bind with your element ID from screen.

5. Add objectID and object name to the inport of the OVS.

Hope this helps.

Fred

former_member187060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the reply,

i have followed ur steps created the query,created OVS on node level ( element ChainID ) and binded the ValueHelpQuery to the custom query but m confuse at the 4th step like to which elementID i need to bind with like i have chainID to which i have created the OVS but which element i need to select at the value.

Please check the screen shots i have attached

here i have binded the ValueHelpQuery to the QueryByElement here i need to select which element if i select chainid then to which value i need to bind it ??

Here i have added the ObjectId and ObjectName to the inport.

i have binded the objectid to the chainid of the query but even without any binding also its not working.

Kindly help Fred.

Thanks,

Siraj.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

1. Your custom query does not have enough elements. You need to select id from "ToParent".

2. In step 4, add id ( you will see id under your custom query after you have added it to your custom query) to SelectedQueryParameters and bind the value field with id from data model.(you need to add id first to the datamodel by dragging and droping onto the root node in data model)

3. I recommend you to read the docs I gave you before to understand how queries work and let me know if there is any question.

Best Regards

Fred