cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many process components along with their communication channels and all the related objects are required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many process components along with their communication channels and all the related objects are required?

I am using the SAP PI Integration builder and SAP PI Enterprise Service Repository.

Following is the scenario...

1. 1) Have a web interface that would take 3 filter criteria (1. From DateTime 2. To Date Time 3. Id)
  2. 2) The interface would call the  SAP PI based web service to supply the criteria
  3. 3) Based on the filter criteria provided in the step 2, need to pull/extract information from 3 different external web services. The data that is pulled would be mapped to 5 different fields.
  4. 4) Need to apply some rules to the data which has been pulled from web services for simplicity one can understand it as of a translation. And it would be done in the SAP PI.
  5. 5) Now to push the data to another web service. (It’s a SAP table exposed as web service) to populate the parking or bridge table.
    1. 6) Finally to call another web service, that would pull the data from the parking table. And does the processing. On successful/failure completion the acknowledgement/response would be returned back to the caller.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If anyone can elaborate it in the pictorial/diagrammatic form, so that would be much helpful for me to understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

PFB the pictorial representation. Hope it helps.

ID Objects:

Under Configuration Scenario

Business Systems - 2 (Sender and Receiver)

Business Components - 1 ( for SOAP Look up)

Communication Channels - 5 (sender, receiver and for Lookups)

ICO Object - 1

ESR Objects:

1. External Definitions - 2( Sender and Receiver - hope WSDL is available already)

2. Service Interface - 2 ( Sender and Receiver )

3. MM -1

4. OM -1

Br,

Suresh S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

As per my Understanding,

Webservice (SOAP) --> PI which calls 3 different Webservices (everytime) and output should be mapped to 5 different fields.

''5)Now to push the data to another web service. (It’s a SAP table exposed as web service) to populate the parking or bridge table."

I suggest you to go for SOAP Lookup Call in Message Mapping level , for which 4 different SOAP Channels would be needed  and a Business Component and a Business system

eg.,

1. Use Business Component BC_SOAP_Receiver under which 3 different SOAP Channels each corresponds to different webservices.

2. Now use Business System (you already created for actual Receiver) which posts data to SOAP Receiver.

ID Objects:

Under Configuration Scenario

Business Systems - 2 (Sender and Receiver)

Business Components - 1 ( for SOAP Look up)

Communication Channels - 5 (sender, receiver and for Lookups)

ICO Object - 1

ESR Objects:

1. External Definitions - 2( Sender and Receiver - hope WSDL is available already)

2. Service Interface - 2 ( Sender and Receiver )

3. MM -1

4. OM -1

1. 6) Finally to call another web service, that would pull the data from the parking table. And does the processing. On successful/failure completion the acknowledgement/response would be returned back to the caller.

Above refers to Separate Call from PI ? if so what is the trigger point (Sender application) ? kindly clarify.

Reward me if you find it useful

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh S