cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAPI_DatabaseOutsideDiscovery,other data supplier is not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have recently upgraded our solution manger from 7.1 SP10 to SP13. While doing the managed system configuration for our ECC prod server i could see that data for DB server (installed  on separate host) is not being supplied by "LAPI_DatabaseOutsideDiscovery agent". Again i could find that in LMDB many datasupplier are missing (LAPI_DatabaseOutsideDiscovery for DB   and  ABAPInstanceKernel  for all the application server).I have gone through many notes related with missing data supplier symptom and troubleshooting documents but could not resolve the issue.Please help me out to resolve this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Have you checked the below SAP Note and Troubleshooting guide attached to it ?

1842956 - Check Data Supplier Completeness for Technical System

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Thanks for reply.

I have already checked this note.In this note in section "System Database node:" problem described is exactly what is ooccurring in my case but the solution provided to resolve this is not applicable to me because i have already installed SMD agent in managed DB server and in solman_setup =>Managed System Config it is already assigned. In agent admin page i can see the SMD agent connected but data for DB server is not provided by Outside Discovery in LMDB.When i checked the data supplier list i found  LAPI_DatabaseOutsideDiscovery is missing.

Thanks

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am updating the resolution of the problem which i got from SAP.

In LMDB in host column we could see there was duplicate entry for DB server host.When we checked the duplicate DB host (which was not connected to my Technical instance ) i could see it was showing as "Supplied by Outside Discovery". We resolved the issue by deleting the duplicate DB host entry,Technical instance etc and getting all the data afresh from SLD sync in LMDB.I am updating this here because it was a peculiar problem for which i could not find any solution on any platform.There was no error reported in SMD agent log files (e2edcc_db.0.log ,e2edcc_host.0.log , SMDAgentApplication.0.log ) etc but data was not showing in LMDB. Hope this will help.

Thanks

Aditya

Answers (0)