cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload a Local Application to the BI platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to upload my local dashboard to the BO server but I don't see the option in Design Studio 1.5 under Tools > Upload local application .

I watched this official tutorial but I cannot implement it.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33832

Is there anything that I do wrong or do I miss something?

Is it possible to upload it directly in Central Management Console? I also tried it without success 😞

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Deniz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deniz Hunger

Follow these simple steps -

1. Create your application locally and save it to your preferred folder in your local system

Application->Export

In Design Studio 1.5 this option is provided as "Export" under Application Menu. When exported the application will be exported as Zip file.

When export option is clicked a Content window opens to select what should be exported with the application. Reference files such as images used in the appliaction are automatically detected by Design Studio 1.5, if any other files are used by the application through CSS they must be manualy added.

When Next Button is clicked, Configure export window opens to configure folder loaction, ZIP File name and description. When Finish button is clicked the applicaiton is exported as Zip file in the specified folder.

2. Login to Design Studio using your BI platform using your  BObj credentials

3. Import the file you have in your local system

In Design Studio 1.5 this option is provided as Import in the Application Menu , the Zip file of the application is uploaded to Design Studio 1.5 

Once import is clicked the Select Zip File window opens, the user has to browse and select the Zip file of the application to be imported . Once the Zip file imported the Description and additional details about the application are displayed in this window. 

When Next Button is clicked, Target Application window opens to specify name and description for the target application.

To answer the question - "how will the end users use the dashboard? "

4. Save this application in a folder were the end-user have access to view.

5. You can log into BObj platform open the folder and right click on the application ->Document Link - Copy that link and send it across to your end user.

or

Click on the execute button drop down in design studio and select copy URL to clipboard

Send this URL link to the end user. They will need BObj credentials to view the dashboard.

Hope this helps

- Karthik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your support.

It works very well now.
Deniz

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deniz,

Try this in DS 1.5,

Application -> import -> choose the exported application zip.

Thanks,

Nithyanandam

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer to the documentation.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD15/en/ds_15_user_en.pdf

The functions are now under "File" -> Import / Export.

29.6 Exporting Analysis Applications

29.7 Importing Analysis Applications

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol and Nithyanandam,

Thanks for your replies. I have already tried exporting the application. It works well.

But how will the end users use the dashboard? How will it be published / saved to the server?

Thanks

Deniz

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you import it to the BI Platform (after exporting), it will ask you for the folder to store the application - the users will run it from that folder on the BI Platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, but I am not an advanced user.

How do you import this exported zip file to the server? With Central Management Console?

If yes, how? Could you please send some screens?

Regards,

Deniz

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deniz -

After you have exported your application locally, open Design Studio and logon to the BI Platform (not locally)

Select Application > Import

Browse and find your exported file

Select Next

now you can decide where on the BI Platform to store it and which folder