cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Steward 4.2 support for DB2 for iSeries

0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I have been struggling to create a connection to DB2 for iSeries with IS 4.2 (14.2.1.220).  I managed to get the Data Direct ODBC driver connecting and Data Services can connect using that ODBC connection, but the CMC Test Connection function just hangs until the web server times out and logs you off.  I saved the connection in CMC and then tried to import a table in IS and it also just hangs until the web server times out my connection.  I consulted the IS 4.2 PAM and DB2 for iSeries is not listed as a supported database, so my question is, is there a patch or fix to get IS to connect to DB2 for iSeries ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general any 3rd Party ODBC Level 2-compliant Driver is supported, but there may be issues because obviously SAP cannot test all possible combinations.

Can you connect using the DataDirect driver from the DS Designer client only? Or also from the server? Have you been able to run a job extracting data from DB2? That's a prerequisite for access from IS.

0 Kudos

Hi Dirk, thank you for your reply.  I'm doing everything on the server, even using Designer on the server itself, and I have executed a DS job extracting data from the DB2 db.