Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLG1 log viewer ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I had seen a while ago an abap source code for a report that displays nicely the SLG1 logs.

Does this ring a bell to anyone ?

I am unable to find it, so if anyone has something of that sort and can share it, that would be great.

Regards,

Helder

6 REPLIES 6

ArcherZhang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Helder,

The application log will be deleted automatically if entry itself over expired time. To check expired time in DB 'balhdr'.

And If you do not make any entries in the date and time fields, all records that are older than one week are automatically deleted.

And the 3rd possibility is application log be archived by archive object 'BC_SBAL'.

regards,

Archer

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Helder,

was the report mentioned on help.sap.com?

Because there are some example programs mentioned here:

Function Module Overview - Application Log – (BC-SRV-BAL) - SAP Library

Log display and display profiles = SBAL_DEMO_04

Display log insubscreen = SBAL_DEMO_04_SUBSCREEN

Log display in Control Container = SBAL_DEMO_04_CONTROL .

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo.

Thanks. Although it's not what I was looking for, it is quite helpful.

I had found a Z report, that was displaying the selected BAL log, in a very fancy.

The standard report is kind of close to that. I will just copy and adapt it.

Cheers,

Helder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helder,

Firstly, you must create the object and subobject in transaction SLG0.

Then you can use this function:

CALL FUNCTION 'APPL_LOG_DISPLAY'

EXPORTING

object                    = uv_appl_log_obj                        "Object

subobject                 = uv_appl_log_subobj                 "SubObject

external_number           = uv_appl_log_extnumber       "External ID (not important)

suppress_selection_dialog = 'X'

EXCEPTIONS

no_authority              = 1

OTHERS                    = 2.

Regards.

David Cárceles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you referring to this?

V.

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it is really a nice transaction from SAP, but youcan program your own as you wish, so any message, you can save it in log file, and you can check  it in SLG1,

or you can avoid writing statement in ABAP, write : /................................ , instead of this, you can just display all informaions as SLG1 with nice table and colors, as well as you can  monitor every body what he does in SAP system

so look to this demo SBAL_DEMO_02

and these FMs,

'BAL_DB_SEARCH'

'BAL_DB_LOAD'

'BAL_LOG_MSG_READ'

so if you would like to build your own SLOG, and maybe you can face any problem, just let us to know.

Regards

Ibrahim