Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Version in planning board

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Is there a way to save the simulation schedule so that it doesn't get over written when I adopt a real schedule?

Advance thanks

Thanks,

Prasanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth

After adopting simulation version have you seen simulation version in /sapapo/cdpss0. Because when you schedule order and save with some name they will visible there . At each time when ever you want to save you can give  different name . and due to performance reason your suppose to delete that simulation version regularly

Regards

Virender

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see my simulation version in /sapapo/cdspss0, but then the active version scheduling are transferred to this simulation version.

Is that a standard SAP behavior that the active version things are getting transferred to simulation version.

In detail:

I saved my planning board as simulation version by giving a name say X1 and I can see that in /sapapo/cdpss0 . Then I again go to planning board in active version and do some planning there and save in active version. But then I can see the same changes while opening the simulation version X1 in /sapapo/cdpss0. Is this a standard behavior?

If then Is there a way to save the simulation schedule so that it doesn't get overwritten when I adopt the real schedule.

Thanks,

Prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth

Yes when ever you make changes in DS Board and adopt that changes with name x1 then it will get assigned to your active version 000 that is standard behavior.

What ever the changes your making with different name they all get assign to active planning version 000 .They will get assigned  with different names which are given while adopting  which is used for differentiating

I Hope it is clear to you

How to close a discussion and why.

Regards

Virender

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

sorry my question is other way round.

i dont want to get the active version details to the already created not adopted simulation version.

At present iam seeing the active version newly createf orders getting transferred to simulation version also. is this a standard behavior. if then how to restrict it.

Prasanth

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

Here is the expected standard SAP behavior -

• You make changes & save to a SIM VERSION, call it X1.
  • Come back, make more changes & now want to adopt that as ur active version, you DO NOT save, just adopt & it'll goto the active version.

Are u trying to save & then adopt? If yes, then u r losing what u saved on the X1 version originally. If your answer is NO & yet u see ur sim version over-written, then could be different problem

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I am just adopting the active version and active version is getting saved correctly.

But simultaneously I can see that the simulation version is also getting updated same like active version.

I am not going to simulation version again but can see the same updates in the simulation version in process graphical form (like active version) for the same planning board.

Is this a standard behavior and If then how to restrict the same?

Thanks,

Prasanth

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any help on this please?

Thanks,

Prasanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

It is not possible to prevent that changes in active version will overwrite the simulation version. Note "600841 - Features of a saved simulation version" describes this behavior:

"The system response is correct. A simulation version does not represent a copy of the planning situation when the save is made. A simulation version only contains the changes that were carried out during the planning. The following general points apply:

Changes to objects that were not changed in the simulation version are displayed in their current status in the simulation version.

Changes to objects that were also changed in the simulation version remain in their simulated status in the simulation version.

Confirmations, changes to the order quantity and the deletion of orders are exceptions to this rule. These changes also take effect in simulation versions if the affected objects were previously changed in a different way within the simulation version."

Regards,

Tiago

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiago,

Could you please clarify me more?

So do you mean to say that simulation version will get updated with active version changes.

I save the simulation version and then the next changes in active version will get reflected in the simulation versions.

The note seems to be slightly confusing.

Thanks,

Prasanth

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashanth,

I might not be understanding your question clearly, but wouldn't you save your sim version with a separate name & make changes (if needed, later) & adopt that to the active planning version? The last Sim version should be retained as you left it.

What am I missing?

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I have created a simulation version and saved with a particular name.

But I can see that the other changes we are doing in the active version will be automatically updated in the simulation version.

My question is how can we restrict the simulation version from being updated from active version.

I want the simulation version to be same as that I saved with.

Thanks,

Prasanth