Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex WB created in Excel 2013 can only be opened in Excel 2007 and vice versa

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have a very strange system behaviour, where I have no more ideas of how to overcome it.

I do have workbooks which were created some time ago.

Now I needed to do some small changes - add nav attributes to free char and include them to the navigation block.

When I do this with Excel 2013 and GUI 7.3 it seems to work.

But, after I close the WB and open it again, it runs forever and when I close excel, I get an error message, that Bex is closed because of critical errors.

But if I try to open this WB on another PC with Excel 2007 and same GUI, it works.

If I now save the WB again in Excel 2007, the same problem apears - only the other way around. I can´t open the workbook in Excel 2007 anymore, but I am able to open it in Excel 2013.

The workbook does have macros inside, most of them are macros, that run in a lot of workbooks, where I don´t have this trouble when saving changes.

I even tried to open the same workbook from my test system and saved it back to development. I did this without any changes.

Same behaviour - I can´t open it in that excel version where it was saved, but I can open it with the other version.

Since the users are using either 2007 or 2013, I need something that works with both excel versions (and 2010 would also be nice).

I hope someone does have an idea about what to do.

regards

Cornelia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

Can you please refer the following SAP KBA Note and check whether it helps you:

1846536 - BEx Analyzer 3.x & 7.x : Support for MS Excel 2013 and Microsoft Windows 8

Also, please refer the following SAP Note:

2188218 - BExAnalyzer: Crash when saving normal workbooks with excel macros to the BW Server

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna