Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration for HTTP_AAE

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In PI 7.4 single stack, I would just like to ask if creating a receiver HTTP_AAE channel requires a corresponding HTTP destination in NWA in the same way as creating a receiver IDOC_AAE that needs an RFC destination to the receiver system which is discussed in Michal's blog . Or is the general configuration when creating the receiver communication channel enough already?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for the response! Since this is also related to HTTP_AAE, I would also like to ask if it's possible to send an IDOC to a 3rd party system using the HTTP_AAE. This system is capable of handling IDOCs. In short, the scenario will be IDOC - HTTP, with IDOC as the Service Interface that will be used by the HTTP_AAE channel. Appreciate your feedback.

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can send IDOC using HTTP_AAE sender adapter.

For that you need the following configuration:

1. HTTP Type (G) RFC destination with path prefix :

/HttpAdapter/HttpMessageServlet?interfaceNamespace=urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages&interface=<IDOC Name>&senderService=<Sender ECC Business System>&senderParty=&qos=EO

2. In WE21, port need to be created as XML HTTP.

3. In WE20, the partner profile need to be type LS using those port.

4.Sender HTTP_AAE channel.

Regards,

Suman

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thank you for the response. Sorry for not being clear with my question. The scenario will be IDOC -> HTTP, with HTTP_AAE as the receiver channel. Can it receive the IDOC and send it to the 3rd party system?

Regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

If it is just an HTTP Post to the target system, why not?

Regards,

Mark

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your 3rd party system and how will it get the data?

Will it accept as XML?

Depending on your 3rd party system,the requirement and solution will differ.

In PI, IDOC will process as IDOC XML, so PI can send data to 3rd party system as xml.

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yup, that's my assumption too but I'm not certain. I'm still playing around with concepts as the actual system is running yet. I'll update this thread once I get my hands dirty 🙂 Thanks Mark!

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman, I presume it is capable of handling IDOC XML. Thanks for the feedback!

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

beat me to it

Regards,

Mark

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I think you are talking about the receiver side, If you check SAP documentation HTTP_AAE only accepts URLs destinations and not HTTP destinations as the HTTP ABAP adapter can do it:

Configuring the Java HTTP Adapter on the Receiver Channel - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Summing up, no NWA administration is needed.

Regards

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

AFAIK - For http the Receiver CC config itself should be enough.

If you are going for https then you might need to do backend configs in NWA...

Please check the following for details:

Hope it helps

Regards,
Azhar